Car insurance.. Whatta joke!!

jaysonD

Reaction score
just had my insurance renewal quote come through for 1500! moaned and it went down to 1300 so told them to stick it!
paid 900 two years ago for my 2.0T then 730 last yeah now im 21 with 4 year no claims and they're still pushing 1k!
Been looking around on comparison sites but having no luck and pretty fuming at the fact its up around 1k when i was thinking about a s3 later this year!
Any recommendations from you lot?

You think thats bad i had a focus rs on 2009 and paid £400 got a s3 and it went up to £700 the focus nearly got took three times and was cheeper and worth a lot more strange

Quotemehappy.com has been cheapest for my wife two years running. Not a wee bit cheaper but over £100. Now, I hear you say, what's a 100 quid. Bearing in mind my wife has full no claims and is 40 this month it is a hell of a difference. However, she does have 9 pts on her licence. She pays £21.80 a month just now and will go up to £22.20 for the next 12 months. That's compared to all the comparison sites throwing up £380 + quotes. Try them, they are only online so you don't get docs through the post etc which cuts cost. No harm in trying.

I`ve just got a quote for the car thats replacing my a4, amg ml350 cdi sport for me and the wife £379 fully comp can`t argue with that

just had my insurance renewal quote come through for 1500! moaned and it went down to 1300 so told them to stick it!
paid 900 two years ago for my 2.0T then 730 last yeah now im 21 with 4 year no claims and they're still pushing 1k!
Been looking around on comparison sites but having no luck and pretty fuming at the fact its up around 1k when i was thinking about a s3 later this year!
Where you live in the country & employment details have lots to do with it.

Admiral for me on the R.
Check your mileage and where it is stored. Rather strangely it's cheaper to keep on the road.
Dave

Wanna SWAP my OAP CHEAP insurance - RS3, TT ragtop and/or A2 < £700 the lot - for your youthful but EXPENSIVE insurance, Jayson?

ANY DAY, ANY TIME, just give me a call....
smiley3gif.gif

Reactions: Scottyg

Sorry to hear this, have you tried us for insurance yet? If you wanted to drop me a line I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Regards
Dan

mines through Admiral as they do a multi-car policy

Got mine through Hastings direct, if you phone the call centre it's a £12.50 charge and if you want actual paper documents that's another £5!

Try mine, my insurance is about £600pa on my 8l A3 TDI. I'm 25 but with only 1 years no claims (worked abroad for 6 years). I have recently moved from Peterborough to Southampton, and they tried to increase my premium to over £1000 just because I moved South, not really sure how that works! I contacted them and they said "it's all done using a metrics system" and wouldn't offer any form of movement. Needless to say I didn't renew and now I am with another company for a similar premium to before.

As said, location and your employment have a lot to do with it. My occupation comes under 2 different names depending on who you talk to, funnily enough one is significantly cheaper than the other.. That said, Adrian Flux are good for me, live in Leyland, 3.0TDI A5 at 26 with 8 years nc, 600fc with protected no claims

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk