1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Car has been keyed!!!!

Robbe May 21, 2015

1. Robbe

Robbe Registered User

Just found out that our car has been keyed... not impressed at all. especially as this is the 3rd car that has been keyed.... trying to work out if it can be buffed out by a professional or will it need re-painting. The mark is deep enough to leave a ridge if you run your nail over it.
    any ideas. If it can be polished out are there any good detailers in the cheshire area?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Macster

Macster Registered User

Looking at it, I'd imagine you'd be able to machine polish it out, but best talk to an expert.

But WTF is the matter with these a-holes, pathetic, small minded morons :wtf:

4. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

Oh for God's sake , is it a catching illness passed from one Oik to the other .

5. S.line

S.line Registered User

Not going to mention the bellends but I think they could be machined out but not by a detailer. I'd find a good paint correction guy. Best place to find one would be your local detailing warehouse.

There are some right are soles about these days!!

6. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

7. StuBill

StuBill Supercharged Mofo

Gutted for you. That is the ultimate anger, that some complete to**er does this to your pride and joy.
    Deffo see what a pro says, but if you can feel a ridge in it when you run a nail over it, it will probably a need smart repair (paint) I'm afraid.
    Hopefully I am wrong though.

8. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Registered User

Potato camera? I'm struggling to see the scratches! May just be my old age.
    You would be surprised how deep a scratch you can remove with a machine polisher.

9. Robbe

Robbe Registered User

Have emailed a local detailer that does paint correction. Have managed to polish some of it out by hand so that it doesn't look as bad. But i still know it's there. Have also contacted ChipsAway. Used them for some alloy repair before but worth seeing what they say. Fingers crossed it's a simple fix.

10. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Registered User

After someone scraped their car down my old beemer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Robbe

Robbe Registered User

and to add insult to injury i woke up this morning to look outside and see this... was not happy at all. Over 50 cars in the local area have been damaged... luckily it was only spray paint and it hadn't baked onto the car so was able to remove it all this morning with some polish. Never understand why people would do this....

Attached Files:

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

They should teach kids about it in School , cause 1 day it will be their car !

Government don't care vandalism = tax revenue.

14. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man Gold Supporter

15. el-diablo675

el-diablo675 Registered User

My father in law had his car sprayed with black paint at weekend. Luckily it was water based and a local company got it off.
    Would like to spray the little gits in the eyes if I caught them.

16. Buxton2901

Buxton2901 Registered User

For **** sake ma:wtf::frown new:What's up with these jealous idiots.
    Feel sick for u mate. Hope u get it sorted And that it doesn't cost too much.

17. Brennan

Brennan Former Audi Driver

I think if someone was going to intentionally key your car they would do it deeper than that.

I had similar marks on a past car of mine, turns out I was brushing the hedge slightly on country roads when passing other cars (narrow road)

So unless you have intentionally upset someone, I wouldn't assume keying.

18. Scottyg

Scottyg Registered User

Little or big bar stewards. Difficult to see from pics but I can't see white in the scratches? If so it should allow for it to polish out.

19. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Registered User

I woul kill someone who atempted this on any of my cars. I find it amazing that people care caplable of such things.

How are you getting on with polishing it out?

20. Robbe

Robbe Registered User

managed to get all the paint off. Took a good hour of elbow grease, but am happier that it is all off.

21. S.line

S.line Registered User

That's good you got the paint out. How about op, how's the key scratch coming on/or off!