Car has arrived, storage pack and Boot question.

Longstride83

Reaction score
Finally picked up the car this morning and I love it. Drives like a dream and as this is my first auto i didn't know what to expect but I like it.

Does anyone have the storage pack? Can anyone tell me where the 2 rear 12v sockets are supposed to be please. I assumed that there would be 2 in the back but there is only 1 and 1 in the boot, is this right?

Also can someone tell me what supposed to be in the plastic tray under the boot floor. There are luggage loops to go in the rails, some metal thing and an empty space to the left, should there be something in there?

TIA

Finally picked up the car this morning and I love it. Drives like a dream and as this is my first auto i didn't know what to expect but I like it.

Does anyone have the storage pack? Can anyone tell me where the 2 rear 12v sockets are supposed to be please. I assumed that there would be 2 in the back but there is only 1 and 1 in the boot, is this right?

Also can someone tell me what supposed to be in the plastic tray under the boot floor. There are luggage loops to go in the rails, some metal thing and an empty space to the left, should there be something in there?

TIA
Storage Pack gives you:
• 2 cupholders in the rear centre armrest
• Luggage compartment net for securing on the lashing points on the luggage compartment floor
• 2 rear 12V sockets

Load Area Fixing Kit gives you:
Includes fixing set for the rail system in the luggage compartment, with telescopic pole and fastening strap for dividing up the luggage compartment

From your description sounds like you have the Load Area Fixing kit rather than the Storage Pack. On the C7 they were all part of one pack and also included the through load option for the rear seat which is now effectively replaced by the standard facility to fold the centre section of the rear seat down

I have the rear cup holders, and the luggage net. I assumed there would be 2 12v for the rear passengers. I’ll call the dealer tomorrow. Not happy if they have not fitted it.

I’ve not gone for the option but I’ve got one 12v in the boot, not checked the rear passenger area. Also got the loops to go in the rails. I’ll have a look in the morning at the rear passenger space.

I think you're probably right about one in the rear passenger compartment and one in the boot, as opposed to just the one in the boot which is standard. If so, I think it's pretty poor to describe it as that in the options list, as you are getting an additional one.
I would have thought there would be USB sockets in the back instead though, more useful than 12V sockets

I think you're probably right about one in the rear passenger compartment and one in the boot, as opposed to just the one in the boot which is standard. If so, I think it's pretty poor to describe it as that in the options list, as you are getting an additional one.
I would have thought there would be USB sockets in the back instead though, more useful than 12V sockets
The USB in the back is a separate option

Reactions: DaveW
Yes there is 1, I assumed there would be 2 as it says 2 in the rear but perhaps they meant 1 there and 1 in the boot but I can’t find any info.

As standard you get one in the rear and one in the boot. Storage pack should give you 2 in the rear under the ac vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked mine, one in the front, one in the rear, one in the boot. Sounds like a **** up.

TIA

In the back of mine, there are two USB sockets and one 12v cigarette lighter socket. They are just below the two airvents in the rear. Then in the boot on the drivers side near the door there is a third 12v cigarette lighter socket. Want photos ?

In the back of mine, there are two USB sockets and one 12v cigarette lighter socket. They are just below the two airvents in the rear. Then in the boot on the drivers side near the door there is a third 12v cigarette lighter socket. Want photos ?
The rear USBs are provided when you spec the Audi Music Interface - Rear option (£175)

If anyone didn’t spec the storage pack, do you have 12v in the back and the boot? My dealer Has told me that the one in the back and one in boot is the storage pack config. Seeing as the pack says 2 in the rear I think it’s very misleading.

The usb’s Are from the AMI rear option. Did you spec the storage pack? Do you have rear cup holders?

If anyone didn’t spec the storage pack, do you have 12v in the back and the boot? My dealer Has told me that the one in the back and one in boot is the storage pack config. Seeing as the pack says 2 in the rear I think it’s very misleading.
No storage pack but I do have one 12v socket below centre air vents in rear and one in the boot (Avant). Wouldn't be the first time a dealer has no idea what they are actually selling!

Reactions: tickedon and Whimsy

I never chose the storage pack and I’ve got a 12v in the rear and in the boot. I’d expect that to be the standard setup. The dealer is clueless or lying, I know what my bet is on.

Well the official response from Audi is that the configurator is poorly worded and that a 12v in rear and boot is the only config.

I've just picked up an A6 Avant without the storage pack, but would really like to add the rear cup holders. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Not sure but I have just replaced my black edition 2015 that had the boot storage hooks for shopping bags however the 69 plate does not have. Very frustrating and a step backwards. Anyone know if they can be purchased?

Not sure but I have just replaced my black edition 2015 that had the boot storage hooks for shopping bags however the 69 plate does not have. Very frustrating and a step backwards. Anyone know if they can be purchased?

Hi Essex-man,

I had the same issue - I'd ordered an A6 Avant without perhaps understanding all the options properly. I did a bit of digging around with Audi part numbers as I suspected that the blanking panel in the rear arm rest was exactly the same size & fitting as the cup holder panel (it would make sense no need for a whole new armrest elements just for the 1 part).

Unfortunately Audi UK couldn't (wouldn't) confirm if it was a like for like replacement, I asked Tom at CreweAudi (Forum contributor) to have a look into it - he got the same response however he was happy to order the part for me.

This all happened just as we were about to move country so the car was packed in a container when the component arrived and I've not got them both in the same place to assemble yet, it looks like the same part size and as far as Tom could tell it should fit.

Soul black colour 4K08859956PS from the sub assembly "armrest drinks holder" PR-QE1

I will update once I've tried to fit it but I think it should be possible despite what Audi UK (don't) say.

Sorry I can't confirm yet but it looks promising and I will let you know if a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Reactions: Essex-man
This is the response I got from my local Audi dealer: (email chain) get the impression they are not interested so have gone back to dealer where car purchased.

Hi

Yes I can imagine it is. If you had factory ones fitted then they can be ordered in the normal parts way.

Sorry I can’t help you any further.

Kind regards

Thanks for the reply.

That’s really frustrating as it came standard on the previous model and I cannot see anywhere on the website where I would add that to my order.

If my ‘factory ones’ have broken, how would I get them repaired?

Not having them is really letting the car down.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

Hiya,

I have just been passed your enquiry from Audi service.

Unfortunately these cannot be retrofitted they are only available as a factory fit option when the car is first ordered

Kind regards

I know this thread was a while ago, but did it fit? My local dealer has quoted £85 for that part which I’m inclined to pay to stop the kids drinks going everywhere!

I know this thread was a while ago, but did it fit? My local dealer has quoted £85 for that part which I’m inclined to pay to stop the kids drinks going everywhere!

Hi Jsmills,

Sorry I've moved country (end of last year even) but not had the chance to take the armrest apart and fit it. Once I do I will update.

Cheers

Reactions: Jsmills