Car going to BCS this week

ChrisG.

Reaction score
Well after nagging @BCS Nige for a while to develop an exhaust for the S1, my car is going in :icon thumright: They are firstly going to do a centre silencer delete pipe, to add a bit more volume to the standard exhaust sound, without droning.

I went to BCS for a downpipe and sports cat a while ago and decided then, that that was the place I would like an exhaust from. Friendly and knew there stuff. I know how a bad exhaust can ruin a car and it’s essential to get this right.

I’m sure @BCS Nige will upload some pics and sound clips, when it is done.

Cheers

Chris

Reactions: BCS Nige and Sandra
Looking forward to hearing all about this. @BCS Nige is fantastic guy. :)

Reactions: BCS Nige
Well I’ve got it back :racer:

Firstly I would like to say, the guys at BCS are great. Friendly, know there stuff and take pride in there work, giving a really good quality product. I would not hesitate to use/recommend them, for any car.

You may know (or not) that the centre silencer is quite restrictive. The pipe goes into one side of the silencer box at the top left hand side and then out at the bottom right (from memory) meaning that the air can not flow straight through.

What have they done? Firstly they tried simply fitting a delete pipe with no silencer at all. I didn’t personally hear it, but the guys said “it was obscenely loud”. What they have done now is fitted the pipe with a small freer flowing silencer, to tone it down a bit.

I am really happy with the result. The sound is now louder than stock (without being ott) when putting your foot down, with a few pops and bangs.

On the motorway it’s a dream, no droaning at all on the way home. I would say it’s just the same sound level, as with just the downpipe and sports cat (slighty louder than stock exhaust) There are reviews/sound clips on YouTube, of cars just with a downpipe.

Sadly I don’t have any pics or videos at the moment, hopefully @BCS Nige might have taken a few pictures, that he can add.

If your thinking about a downpipe, I would certainly recommend chatting to them about doing this at the same time.

Cheers

Chris

Reactions: Sandra