Car feels like its losing control

Mohammad-997

Hi recently ive had an issue were if im switching lanes and i move my steering towards the right its as if the car is losing control. Also when i turn right its like it wants to spin out and the traction light comes on. The steering is straight and doesn’t pull to a side. 2 days ago my tyre popped on the motorway and i dont know if this is the reason behind it.

abmat

VCDS Map User
Go get the alignment checked and all the joints in the suspension/steering on that side.

nluk100

Did you replace both tyres or just one? What are the tread depths on each side?

Daveyonthemove

VCDS Map User
Shocks and springs in good order?
Rear coils are prone to snapping.
I used aftermarket replacement parts last year and my car handled really badly, I ended up buying OEM parts and fitting them within a month!

Mohammad-997

Shocks and springs in good order?
Rear coils are prone to snapping.
I used aftermarket replacement parts last year and my car handled really badly, I ended up buying OEM parts and fitting them within a month!
Hi ive had everything checked the only thing mechanic could find was my shocks were gone. I had them replaced had my alignment done but now when im on the motorway its as if the car is floaty. Steering left is fine but when i steer right its as if im going to lose control. Also when i do around 70Mph the car feels unstable and i get alot of noise.

abmat

VCDS Map User
What sort of noise?

take it to a different place and get a second opinion.

Daveyonthemove

VCDS Map User
Hi ive had everything checked the only thing mechanic could find was my shocks were gone. I had them replaced had my alignment done but now when im on the motorway its as if the car is floaty. Steering left is fine but when i steer right its as if im going to lose control. Also when i do around 70Mph the car feels unstable and i get alot of noise.
Genuine OEM parts, or from the likes of GSF/Euro Car parts etc?
i had handling issues with mine on non genuine parts, buying the OEM parts to replace them made a world of difference.

Mohammad-997

Genuine OEM parts, or from the likes of GSF/Euro Car parts etc?
i had handling issues with mine on non genuine parts, buying the OEM parts to replace them made a world of difference.
I used euro car parts one but the thing is the same problem is still there even after changing the shocks when i turn left its fine it is only when turning right or switching to the right lane it feels unstable