Car Delivery Date Vs New Number Plate

Liquidfusion-S3

I fall to peer pressure!
Reaction score
Just curious to know, if my new car is due to be delivered in beginning of Feb 2015 and the new '15 plates come out 1st of March 2015, am I able to ask the dealer for the '15 plate and drive it around in Feb or do I have to leave my car with them until March before being able to drive around with a '15 plate?

You cant drive it around with a plate before it has been issued.

I would only presume that you ask them to hold off registering it till 1st of March, you can put the car on the road then with your 15 plate, however im not sure whether the dealer will do it, due to targets etc, so its best to check with them.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Just curious to know, if my new car is due to be delivered in beginning of Feb 2015 and the new '15 plates come out 1st of March 2015, am I able to ask the dealer for the '15 plate and drive it around in Feb or do I have to leave my car with them until March before being able to drive around with a '15 plate?
Sorry mate. The answer is no. You won't be able to get insured or the vehicle taxed to use on the road on a 15 plate before the 1st March

Best you can hope for is the vehicle to be delivered the night before, 28th February BUT your still in the same boat for insurance/tax

I'm in the same boat & I'm going to swallow it and wait

I have family in the Motor trade & according tho them the new plate is worth about £500 compared to a car registered in the month prior to the new reg

Sorry mate. The answer is no. You won't be able to get insured or the vehicle taxed to use on the road on a 15 plate before the 1st March

Best you can hope for is the vehicle to be delivered the night before, 28th February BUT your still in the same boat for insurance/tax

I'm in the same boat & I'm going to swallow it and wait

I have family in the Motor trade & according tho them the new plate is worth about £500 compared to a car registered in the month prior to the new reg

I should of mentioned I dropped my Audi guy an email this afternoon and he said I can hold off for March registration which is what I wanted. So I'm assuming my car will be delivered to them at end of Feb, they will hold it and register it for 1st of March giving me the '15 plate. Bonus!!

Reactions: jojo
I should of mentioned I dropped my Audi guy an email this afternoon and he said I can hold off for March registration which is what I wanted. So I'm assuming my car will be delivered to them at end of Feb, they will hold it and register it for 1st of March giving me the '15 plate. Bonus!!
Think mines due at the Dealers end of January 2015. When I negotiated my deal it was a pre requisite that my S3 would be registered on the 1st March :thumbs up:

PS Your spec sounds very similar to mine LF ;)

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
You'll be in the same position as me knowing your car is ready to be picked up but you'll leave it with them for another 4 weeks lol

The easiest wait is the first couple of months, it's the last 4 weeks that will test our patience!!

You'll be in the same position as me knowing your car is ready to be picked up but you'll leave it with them for another 4 weeks lol
That'll be the killer. Knowing it's at the Dealers but not being able to have it! :laugh:

The easiest wait is the first couple of months, it's the last 4 weeks that will test our patience!!