Car Dealer Problems - HELP!

KIll_the_cameras

Reaction score
Hi, OK, so made the decision to buy a low-mileage A4 3.2 CAB 2006 from a car dealers in London about a week ago. A couple of mechanical issues but got money off, and the paintwork was almost immaculate, until I washed it yesterday...hundreds of tiny pin-hole white dots and scratches appeared across the entire car! WTF! I can't really find out the cause for these, but they were 100% not there when I bought the car, else I wouldn't have bought it. Anyway, after a little research, it would seem that the car 'may' have been waxed with some sort of colour wax or magic wax which filled in the holes temporarily, until of course the car was washed (it had also rained too).

So..is this blatant misrepresentation? Am I elible for a refund (I think so!). Or..do I have no chance of getting anything frm the 'dealer'. What would you do? Can't tell you how mad I am about this!

Any help greatly appreciated - and yes - I admit it was probably a stupid buying decision!

Did you use a credit card on any of it to fund the purchase?

Anything over £100 would cover the whole car if there is an issue with it under the credit card act

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Unless you can prove it wasn't like that when you took possession of it will be very hard to prove your claim, they will just say you saw it and were happy with it, if you can prove the problem was there prior and the problem was older than the time you took delivery then you will have a good case against the dealer.
sadly another case of buyer beware , good luck with it chap.

Do you have any paperwork showing previous owner?
I’d try contacting them and hopefully they will be willing to say/ show what condition it was in when they sold it on.

Don’t sound like you are going to have much help from said dealer.

I think these Colour Magic type products are fine for your own personal use whilst owning the car, but dealers and traders should defiantly not use them.
I wouldn’t even use this when I sell my car privately but as said without proof don’t think you will get anywhere but let’s hope we’re wrong

I bought a Z4 coupe from The Car People in Manchester and it looked immaculate.

A couple of days after pickup I noticed the passenger side door was seriously scratched- almost like someone had used a scouring pad in a circular motion on it.

I phoned the dealership I bought it from but they didn’t want to know.

Even though the car didn’t move off my drive for the first 4 days I would have found it very hard to prove they had masked it with polish.