Car damaged by Dealer whilst doing a repair..

boulevard

Reaction score
Hi, after some advice. My S4 cab went to Audi (bradford) to get the sat nav gps aerial fixed. They have done this but broken the radio aerial in the process, radio gets no reception.

They have said to me twice they have broken it but are asking me to pay for the repair. This seems unfair too me, but unsure of where I stand.

Any advice greatly received

Steve

Crazy. It was working when it arrived and when you picked it up it wasnt. It was broken in their care and they have admitted it so they must pay...end of. Speak tot he manager.

Cant believe they are saying that you have to pay to repair ****** joke!!!!

OMFG - I'd be going mental in their. They're taking the p*ss mate :wtf:

Time to open a can of whoop **** on the MD of the dealer, me thinks!

It's not like they made you aware of any possible consequenses of changing the GPS aerial, like maybe if we remove A, bB might break too etc.

So it's their problem as far as i can see

Sounds about right for Bradford audi, nearest dealer to me but I won't use them! Stand your ground mate and get them to fix it.

*** man, I always read these dealer associated problems & get really annoyed, just tell them fix the ****** thing as they have openly admitted to breaking it anyway, are they completely thick or what, Audi UK would be your next step aswell as Trading Standards, how can anyone admit breaking to the customer then tell them to pay for the repair lmfao pmsl dreamers.

Personally I'd be shouting my head of in the dealership around all there customers so they were all aware of how ***** they really are.

I reckon they've left the diversity antenna etc unconnected.

Thanks for replies. The car is still with them as there was no-one senior about on sat they claimed when they admitted liability again. I am going in tomorrow to voice my disgust and also when this is resolved wont be going back again.

See if you can record the convo when the admit they broke it....Just as backup,

Also mention that bad press travels very quickly and you are not afraid to publicly air your views, be in to local press or on the Internet....

If you get no joy, send an email to jeremy.hicks@audi.co.uk he will get this sorted for you quick sharp!!

Yeh, I agree with the above, you should not have to pay their damages. If they have admitted damage then you have them. Try being nice (always helps esp if Audi UK get involved) and make a note of what has been said etc.

If they still wont budge, contact Audi UK as again said above. Sadly I had to do this week before last as my local Dealership were appalling, happily for me, they have had a huge ticking off, warning for the person involved and I got my work for free. I really was happy with Audi UKs approach and customer service in every aspect.

Good luck.

Agree with Sarah, softly softly does it and if you get nowhere, just take it to the top man, he will get it sorted and as mentioned, im pretty sure you will get a good result at the end of it all.....