Car cover?

phantom

On Boost
Reaction score
Can somebody recommend me a decent car cover ( make/brand/place to buy it ) ive had a lot of problems with bird poo of late , and some of them have taken the clear coat off the car ( Audi paint/clearcoat is SOFT ) as i have a few stone chips as well , ive booked the car into a decent bodyshop for a bonnett and bumper respray.

So when it comes back looking mint i need a cover of some sort.

I don't want something too harsh that will scratch the clear coat while putting it on taking it off , but it needs to be pigeon **** resistant!

Thanks

p

I went down this route, it was a waste of time.
I tried several covers, from ebay and Halfords.
Ranging from £20 to £40
They were a waste of time.
I've been told the best bet is some made-to-measure thing, made of special soft material, which could cost me around £150.00:ohmy:
Sod that, I've just gone back to washing bird poo off quickly!
I bought some Autoglym bird-poo wipes for a fiver a box.
They're superb things, even the toughest, caked on, crap glides off without any damage to the paint.

Have you thought of a drive in folding garage they are about £350 have been considering myself, ready for when I get my A3 cabrio at the end of the month.:kissmyrings:

Have you thought of a drive in folding garage they are about £350 have been considering myself, ready for when I get my A3 cabrio at the end of the month.:kissmyrings:

For the £6k you spent on options, you could have built a real garage.:thumbsup:

Mind you, I've got a double garage and neither car ever goes in them.
Bird crap is only a problem at my work though, no problem at home.

phantom, can't recommend any specific products but have a look on eBay - there are some companies who sell their own covers there which looked quite good.

I was considering them until my father-in-law gave me one that had been kicking around in his shed for ages. I've only ever used it when we've gone on holiday and left it parked at theirs near a large oak tree. They work well but we used some rubber-band ties as well as the cord it came with to it to stop the wind blowing it away. We tied them to the spokes of the alloys!

Yep, if you are going to put a cover on your car, you are looking at £150 or so minimum. I have a Thoroughbred cover for my Speedster and a Carcraft one for my Ibiza. The former is in the garage and is still covered when inside; the latter is outside and under some trees so prime pigeon poo target practice zone!

Have to agree with JCS356 - have to spend a fair amount of money and get a good fitted on - else the wind will get under and mark the paint work. This place is good http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/, not sure on the prices though !
I find having decent layers of wax helps loads ie two layers of collinite or double dodo, but getting the bird poo off as quick as possible is important as well- Autogleam wipes are ok

Richard

Have you room to build a garage?

Not got the room mate, the drive is slightly off set to the front of the house , so even a car port thing will look a mess.

The poo's only started happening the past few weeks , last nights must have been on three hours max and it's taken the clearcoat right off!

Tuesdays must have been on 2 hours , but stained the clearcoat!

I need to do something , even if it's just a bed spread with a water proof top layer stitched on it!

p

I bought some Autoglym bird-poo wipes for a fiver a box.
They're superb things, even the toughest, caked on, crap glides off without any damage to the paint.

Looked into buying them. £5 for 10 wipes?? No sodding thanks, I'll stick to my baby wipes at 59p a pack!

Looked into buying them. £5 for 10 wipes?? No sodding thanks, I'll stick to my baby wipes at 59p a pack!

Do they work ok?
The wife's stocking up on them, for our forthcoming addition.
I could sneak a pack out.
The Autoglym ones are dear, yes, but they are excellent.
The crap just glides off, with no residue/evidence.

The cars going to the bodyshop today , give it a GOOD clean yesterday , went to the car this morning to take it to the bodyshop there was a sh*t the size of a fried egg on the roof , baked in the sun for god knows how many hours!

Think i'm gonna get a air riffle..............:angrymod:

p

Prefered the 6k worth of extras. More fun:moa:

Screwfix do one for £25, part number 81879

p4757508_l.jpg
p4758324_l.jpg
p4758325_l.jpg

Is it sad that I was instantly able to recognise the car in those photos as an Alfa 156?