Car cover

James.B8

Reaction score
Anyone using a car cover for their A3 or S3 saloon? Recommend them?

Just picked up my car today and the neighbours little **** of a dog (private lane with our houses at the end with shared courtyard drive where the dogs roam freely) jumped up onto my car!! He has done this before with my old car but this is brand new to me and is spotless!!

Cover needs to removed quickly as I'm an on call fire fighter so use the car for rushing off to the station at all hours.

Cheers

Nooooooo more damage done by a cover

Poison some steak and leave it out? *joking* I've just bought a sound based animal-away device. It uses high pitched sound and detects heat and switches on. I got it for a shitting cat but it defo works and works on dogs too. Was £15

PestBye Battery Operated Waterproof Cat Repellent - Quick Fix Ultrasonic Cat Scarer with Ground Stake Amazon product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: richinsoton and Jassyo06
As above covers are generally actually worse due to moisture, grit etc

Sucks as I imagine the neighbours won't be too happy if they find an anti-dog device like the one mentioned above

Reactions: James.B8
If they let their dog jump on other people's cars then they can hardly complain...all it does is emit sound in a focused area so as long as it isn't pointing into their property should be fine

Reactions: richinsoton, Jassyo06, James.B8 and 1 other person
If they let their dog jump on other people's cars then they can hardly complain...all it does is emit sound in a focused area so as long as it isn't pointing into their property should be fine

Ahh OK. Yeah fair enough lol

If it's focused then that's understandable as it could be focused just in the car area

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Poison some steak and leave it out? *joking* I've just bought a sound based animal-away device. It uses high pitched sound and detects heat and switches on. I got it for a shitting cat but it defo works and works on dogs too. Was £15

PestBye Battery Operated Waterproof Cat Repellent - Quick Fix Ultrasonic Cat Scarer with Ground Stake Amazon product

Haha tempting... :grimacing:
hmm that sounds interesting. May have a look into that. Probably have to talk to the neighbors first though before hand so I don't fall out with them...although they shouldn't let dogs jump on cars in the first place :triumph:
So it works only in a small area?

As above covers are generally actually worse due to moisture, grit etc

Sucks as I imagine the neighbours won't be too happy if they find an anti-dog device like the one mentioned above
That's a shame. Suppose it would be a pain taking off and on everyday as well.

Reactions: azibux1
There are a lot of smells that dogs detest, i.e

Citrus
Vinegar
Peppers
Ammonia
Ethanol(mixed with water)

A few fancy looking pots that are covered but with holes in the top to let out the smell filed with any of the above dotted around the car should stop the pesky mutt!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and James.B8
There are a lot of smells that dogs detest, i.e

Citrus
Vinegar
Peppers
Ammonia
Ethanol(mixed with water)

A few fancy looking pots that are covered but with holes in the top to let out the smell filed with any of the above dotted around the car should stop the pesky mutt!
May try that then before I buy anything. Thanks for that

Imagine throwing a **** load of sand and grit over your roof and then dragging the cover over it.

That's what you're doing, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. :)

Sorry James but Sam is spot on, I had a stone chip issue and went down the route of a bonnet bra :/
and exactly the same applies to them….more damage caused by them as Sam has said.

Sorry James but Sam is spot on, I had a stone chip issue and went down the route of a bonnet bra :/
and exactly the same applies to them….more damage caused by them as Sam has said.
That's a shame then. No go for me!
I'll have to try what @Bittern suggested

Reactions: voorhees
Just get a gun and shoot it! once the neighbours complain tell them they should of look after there pet a little more!!

Oops! Sorry, writing out loud again haha.