Car blowers

AlS3BE

Reaction score
Looking for a a blower to help dry the car after a wash. The little dribbles out the mirrors and door shuts are annoying. Hate getting back to the car after a wash/dry and loads of dribble marks all over the car. the s3 seems to have more wee crevices and places to hold dribbles of water than previous cars I’ve owned.
anyway rant over.
any recommendation? Looking at cheap leaf blowers, £20-50, at the moment as I can’t justify £100+ for dedicated ones considering it’s just a motor with a tube.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Looking for a a blower to help dry the car after a wash. The little dribbles out the mirrors and door shuts are annoying. Hate getting back to the car after a wash/dry and loads of dribble marks all over the car. the s3 seems to have more wee crevices and places to hold dribbles of water than previous cars I’ve owned.
anyway rant over.
any recommendation? Looking at cheap leaf blowers, £20-50, at the moment as I can’t justify £100+ for dedicated ones considering it’s just a motor with a tube.

I’ve a BigBoi but it was more than yer budget.
Love it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
money no object option. Let’s call big boi plan c:wink:

Not been funny with this bit of a left field option but a powerful hairdryer would do a good job....av used them lol

Reactions: 8YARWY, AlS3BE and NevMan
Not been funny with this bit of a left field option but a powerful hairdryer would do a good job....av used them lol

She’d kill me.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlS3BE and Jassyo06
Think it will be cheaper and safer for my well-being if I didn’t use the mrs hairdryer :wink:

Was thinking something like this. Cheap and cheerful. Not needing it to dry the car just push water out the crevices.
Upload 2021 3 5 21 39 52

Reactions: Jassyo06
Pet driers on eBay/Amazon are a popular choice

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rum4mo, Jassyo06 and AlS3BE
Reactions: AlS3BE
I’ve got a flymo leaf blower/vac which is very powerful and dries the car really well, I bought it a while ago from a supermarket and it was around £40. I’m thinking of buying a hose with nozzle to make it a bit more flexible and keep the noise levels down when holding it up next to my ears to do the roof etc

If you can stretch your budget I bought a metro sidekick a few years back. Its a great addition once you have completed your main drying with a towel. Extremely portable to move around the vehicle.
It moves water ok if going for a contactless drying procedure, however I found this more when the car is ceramic coated. It does take at least 30mins or so doing it this way more because of the airflow rate.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AlS3BE
The car blower thing is on my radar at the moment - I've been thinking about it for a while. ****** frustrating detailing and drying your car with towels, only to have to chase the drips from all the little nooks and crannies and then come back the next day to still find water spots :rage:.

I will go down the route of a 'proper' car dryer (with air filter, don't want it to be a sand blaster(!!), and heater to chuck out warm air 20-ish degrees above ambient temp). The leaf-blower/pet hair-dryer option might be cheaper, but fancy something designed for 'porpoise'.

I've been holding out for a decent cordless option (or waiting for corded versions to have a half-decent cord length). But getting bored of waiting for manufacturers to catch-up with what I want to be honest. Flex have a cordless option, but super pricey to buy into their battery and charging system if you don't already have one of their cordless DA's (which I'd love, but can't justify the out-lay right now), and it doesn't seem to have an air filter. So options for me seem to be the hand-held corded BigBoi BlowR (£99 - but with a pitifully short cable) or the Blo-Air S (£95- cable still shorter than I'd like, but better for me than the BigBoi - oo-err missus, that just sounds...not what I was trying to say :whistle2:).

Leaning towards the Blo-Air S - not to dry the full car, just to blast dry the wheels and chase the drips out of the annoying trim bits...

The car blower thing is on my radar at the moment - I've been thinking about it for a while. ****** frustrating detailing and drying your car with towels, only to have to chase the drips from all the little nooks and crannies and then come back the next day to still find water spots :rage:.

I will go down the route of a 'proper' car dryer (with air filter, don't want it to be a sand blaster(!!), and heater to chuck out warm air 20-ish degrees above ambient temp). The leaf-blower/pet hair-dryer option might be cheaper, but fancy something designed for 'porpoise'.

I've been holding out for a decent cordless option (or waiting for corded versions to have a half-decent cord length). But getting bored of waiting for manufacturers to catch-up with what I want to be honest. Flex have a cordless option, but super pricey to buy into their battery and charging system if you don't already have one of their cordless DA's (which I'd love, but can't justify the out-lay right now), and it doesn't seem to have an air filter. So options for me seem to be the hand-held corded BigBoi BlowR (£99 - but with a pitifully short cable) or the Blo-Air S (£95- cable still shorter than I'd like, but better for me than the BigBoi - oo-err missus, that just sounds...not what I was trying to say :whistle2:).

Leaning towards the Blo-Air S - not to dry the full car, just to blast dry the wheels and chase the drips out of the annoying trim bits...

I’ll pass on that one and stick to my leaf blower, I’ve no need to have warmer air blowing over my car, it dries perfectly well as it is. It’s 3kw and easily blows the whole car dry in around 5-10 mins including wheels. I could easily fit a cone filter to the intake but after careful consideration and thought I’ve more risk of some damaging airborne artefacts driving down the motorway.
I have thought about adding a flexible hose to the outlet though so I’m not carrying the blower around the car with me, still thoughts in process at the moment.

Well got a £25 900w blower from Amazon and it works a treat. I think if you have a well waxed/sealed car then it’s brilliant as you aren’t trying to blow dry the car so it’s just blowing the water away from the body panels. The mirrors and fuel cap was my biggest pet hate for dribbles but it all went quite well. 10-15minutes around the car and a quick mop up with a drying towel.
Cable was a bit short but got a 30m extension so not a problem. Machine was LOUD though even my noise cancelling earphones was struggling. It managed to cancel out all noises from the pressure washer but not the blower.
Should have done this years ago.

Reactions: DW81 and stubbly46
Well done and so easy as you say, I have a Meguiars drying towel that soaks up so much water but trying to squeeze it out is such hard work
I use the foam ear plugs when using mine, hence the reason for thinking about a hose extension

Well done and so easy as you say, I have a Meguiars drying towel that soaks up so much water but trying to squeeze it out is such hard work
I use the foam ear plugs when using mine, hence the reason for thinking about a hose extension

Got an old vacuum cleaner in the garage. See if I can get the hose on it with some duck tape next time I clean the car.
Trying to post the link to the blower I got but forum doesn’t link Amazon links.

Reactions: stubbly46
This one.

Attachments

• 0E0EAAD2-E5B1-4E51-BC51-5AC2E0AF8A8D.jpeg
    0E0EAAD2-E5B1-4E51-BC51-5AC2E0AF8A8D.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Andy F and Jassyo06
Iv got that one works a treat 4 year old now
AndyF Team Navarra

@AlS3BE
Its alot in 4years still going strong
AndyF

I got a cordless Bosch leaf blower without battery & charger & use the battery from my drill. Checking first that batteries were compatible.

I think that any people living "up North" would need a heated blower, a friend bought a pet drier as it was identical inn form and performance to the proper car drier, but a lot cheaper and available direct from China - which is where most other small domestic stuff is made before it is placed in a made in UK box. Might need to wait until the Suez canal is unblocked though!

I do hope you don't use one when you get the new car!!! I'm not going there, but I'm sure someone on here would make the joke! :D :p

Talking of which, have you got a delivery date yet?

Reactions: pburv
I do hope you don't use one when you get the new car!!! I'm not going there, but I'm sure someone on here would make the joke! :D :p

10/10 mate lol to be honest I aint that anal about the need for a car dryer aye ill use her hairdryer and at 58 l still use a hairdryer lol especially the noo Avril's not cut my hair since x-mas lol got the 80's semi quasi mullet going on
Most annoy water traps for myself is in the wheel nuts so aye a Babyliss will do me

Reactions: S32B, pburv and AllanG

No delivery date and no updates from Audi Grimsby in the last 2 weeks am fine with this...reasons its still Baltic up here 5 degrees outside right now and l am quite enjoying not paying for a pcp and car insurance

Reactions: AlS3BE, S32B and pburv
No delivery date and no updates from Audi Grimsby in the last 2 weeks am fine with this...reasons its still Baltic up here 5 degrees outside right now and l am quite enjoying not paying for a pcp and car insurance
Talking on insurance, don't forget the GAP cover when you get the new car! I just did mine to start next week when my current one runs out, I've had to go for an agreed price policy because I've had my car too long now (they've valued it at £19,900) and for 2 years worth of cover for £10k shortfall = £100. Well worth it for £1 week.

On new like yours I'd go for full vehicle replacement, the same as I had on this when new. If mine goes missing before the 6th April I'd be taken back to about £42k which is list price of the same car today! NOT what I paid for the car.
Or you could get a policy which takes you back to the invoice price, but then you are reliant on getting the same discount again if you want the same car!

As an idea (This is the no discount price, if you go with it let me know as I have a code for 20% off that price) don't want to post it here as it may be a limited offer code:
Gap

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06

Attempted a quick GAP quote a week or so ago they wanted £384 am sure l can get it down a bit

Reactions: S32B and NevMan
Talking on insurance, don't forget the GAP cover when you get the new car! I just did mine to start next week when my current one runs out, I've had to go for an agreed price policy because I've had my car too long now (they've valued it at £19,900) and for 2 years worth of cover for £10k shortfall = £100. Well worth it for £1 week.

On new like yours I'd go for full vehicle replacement, the same as I had on this when new. If mine goes missing before the 6th April I'd be taken back to about £42k which is list price of the same car today! NOT what I paid for the car.
Or you could get a policy which takes you back to the invoice price, but then you are reliant on getting the same discount again if you want the same car!

As an idea (This is the no discount price, if you go with it let me know as I have a code for 20% off that price) don't want to post it here as it may be a limited offer code:
View attachment 234518

Cheers mate appreciated

Reactions: S32B and NevMan
jassyo06.....try this discount code with ALA Insurance: MSE25

Reactions: S32B and Jassyo06
^^^^^ Tell me about the ££££££, but that’s what we work for, or in my case retired for haha!!!

@jassyo06 try these guys for gap.
Had gap on the landy return to invoice for about £230 and that was on a £40k+ car for 3 years where a lot of other companies quoted £3-400
They were great to deal with even when Land Rover took the car back I got a pro rata refund.

That's the code I wasn't going to mention lol.

EDIT* Just for laughs get a quote direct from Audi :D

I did wonder if this was the same code, but as it’s easily found on an internet search, I thought I may as well post it here to help others save a bit of their hard earned cash

I nearly fell off my chair laughing after I saw the Audi GAP quote for my previous Q5........but the sales guy didn’t see the funny side of it

Reactions: S32B
I did wonder if this was the same code, but as it’s easily found on an internet search, I thought I may as well post it here to help others save a bit of their hard earned cash

I nearly fell off my chair laughing after I saw the Audi GAP quote for my previous Q5........but the sales guy didn’t see the funny side of it

I was quoted £500 from Audi. They don’t actually insure it, the policy is underwritten by someone else so you can go direct and cut out the middle man or in this case 2 middle man, dealership and Audi.
In the end got it for less than half that.