car arrived at dealership with wrong gearbox!

Mob77

Reaction score
Hi All
I ordered my car from Audi a A3 S line Sportback with all the extra specs back in November to get it factory built they gave me a rough date saying I would get the car end of January this year. The order got delayed 2 months and finally I was suppose to pick it up this coming Monday but I got told by the dealership unfortunately the car I ordered came I a manual gearbox WRONG SPEC I ordered a S Tronic! I’m just lost for words I don’t know how I feel and what to do waited 5 long months just to hear that the showroom have received the wrong car. What are my rights and what should I do? If they can give me a discount how much can they give??

Hi All
I ordered my car from Audi a A3 S line Sportback with all the extra specs back in November to get it factory built they gave me a rough date saying I would get the car end of January this year. The order got delayed 2 months and finally I was suppose to pick it up this coming Monday but I got told by the dealership unfortunately the car I ordered came I a manual gearbox WRONG SPEC I ordered a S Tronic! I’m just lost for words I don’t know how I feel and what to do waited 5 long months just to hear that the showroom have received the wrong car. What are my rights and what should I do? If they can give me a discount how much can they give??

It’s wrong, just tell them you don’t want it.

Their cockup why accept it ? Not like it’s a minor detail either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Raiden and NevMan
Tell them to order you a car with the right spec, and while you are waiting you will need a loan car. If they won't accept that then contact Audi UK to complain. I got an A5 for 6 months while a new car was built for me the only difference is mine came in damaged. Either way you still don't have the car you ordered so they should help out. I never bothered asking for further discount as having a free car for 6 months was nice enough compensation.

Reactions: NevMan and Mob77
Tell them to order you a car with the right spec, and while you are waiting you will need a loan car. If they won't accept that then contact Audi UK to complain. I got an A5 for 6 months while a new car was built for me the only difference is mine came in damaged. Either way you still don't have the car you ordered so they should help out. I never bothered asking for further discount as having a free car for 6 months was nice enough compensation.
It’s all good they have placed a new order for me with extra specs also I’m getting that manual for free until I get my car. Thanks

Reactions: NevMan, Tommmygunnn, Raiden and 3 others
Quick question was your insurance covered by Audi for them 6 months or did you had to get your own?

A friend of mine ordered an A4 Avant quattro and after driving it for a week noticed it was not a quattro so Audi let him use the car whilst his correct car was built, ended up using it for 6 months but he insured it himself

It’s all good they have placed a new order for me with extra specs also I’m getting that manual for free until I get my car. Thanks

Fair enough, good result. Just need lockdown to end then you can whack on the miles until the correct one arrives

Reactions: Mob77
A friend of mine ordered an A4 Avant quattro and after driving it for a week noticed it was not a quattro so Audi let him use the car whilst his correct car was built, ended up using it for 6 months but he insured it
A friend of mine ordered an A4 Avant quattro and after driving it for a week noticed it was not a quattro so Audi let him use the car whilst his correct car was built, ended up using it for 6 months but he insured it himself
Maybe that’s because he insured it first and then he realised it was the wrong car otherwise Audi would’ve covered it I believe