Car Alarm problems?

Dmrqwq

Reaction score
Anyone had issues with the car alarm on their B9?

Mine has been spuriously going off all night, fortunately it's only about 2 decibels anyway but for the life of me can't work out why it's going off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine goes off when it's locked and I wash the car. Seems to be set off when I go near the handle sensors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the alarm, but I am forever looking out of the window and seeing the boot open because of the stupidly placed/overly sensitive button on the remote. Neighbour just knocked on the door to say it was open again.:frowning:

Really do not know how this is happening, never once with any car that has remote opening. I suggest you take the keys out of your pockets and place them somewhere safe when you are in the house. Its certainly not down to the fob, just what you are doing with it..

Really do not know how this is happening, never once with any car that has remote opening. I suggest you take the keys out of your pockets and place them somewhere safe when you are in the house. Its certainly not down to the fob, just what you are doing with it..

Well I owned a B8 with remote boot opening for three years, paid they keys no special attention and not once did I find the boot open when I didn't expect it to be. Based on direct personal experience, the new key is an inferior design. I've separated the B9 key from the rest and still manage to knock it between leaving the car and placing the keys on the key stand in the hall :yes:

Really, perhaps maybe you should get the fob replaced. I dump mine in a bowl that gets other keys dumped on top of it. I drop my keys on the floor yet the boot has never opened...

The alarm on my old car (VW Scirocco) kept going off randomly one night last year and it was due to a moth / insect flying around in the car which was triggering the interior motion sensors

I had problems with the alarm on my A3 sportback. The tailgate lock was deficient and the DIS would occasionally show that the boot was open even though it appeared closed. The tailgate lock was changed under warranty and apart from one or two blips it was fine after that. I was relieved when it was fixed because my neighbour would go ballistic each time the alarm sounded. I hope for his sake his alarm never plays up!