Car alarm keeps going off

harris9053

Reaction score
every time i get out my car and shut my drivers door and lock it, the alarm goes off to warn me that a door is still open, so i always have to go around to the passenger door open it and close it and then it will lock. so i dont know weather their a sensor on the passenger door that isn't working properly, the passenger door had dropped a little bit, will this affect it?

any help would be appreciated

What car and year is it? I know on earlier 8p1 there was a problem with the rear wiper washer leaking into boot. This in turn messed up the boot lock sensor and hence randomly set of the alarm. A friend of mine had this problem.

What car and year is it? I know on earlier 8p1 there was a problem with the rear wiper washer leaking into boot. This in turn messed up the boot lock sensor and hence randomly set of the alarm. A friend of mine had this problem.

I had the problem as well last year and mine's an 8P2 ! I don't think Audi have changed the wiper motor or washer system at all.

usually though the way i get the alarm to stop is to open and close the passenger door, do you still think that rear wiper leaking could cause this?

usually though the way i get the alarm to stop is to open and close the passenger door, do you still think that rear wiper leaking could cause this?

Try opening and closing the boot to see if that works as well. If it doesn't then you may have a problem with the microswitch in the door lock.

i've tried it and the boot isnt affecting it, it looks like its the passenger door still, so how would i go about fixing the micro switch?, get a new one or is it worth cleaning mine up? and where about is it in the door?