1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Capacity of windscreen washer reservoir

psychopomp1 Jun 1, 2020

1. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Active Member

Hi,

In the A6 C8 manual it states that windscreen washer reservoir capacity is approx 6 litres. So this morning I got the warning light and topped up the reservoir. But it only took 4.5 litres!!! So either the warning light comes on waaaay too early or the manual is wrong. Next time I will wait until the reservoir tank no longer squirts any water before refilling. What have others experienced?

Cheers

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. elan2s

elan2s Active Member

I think it is just very conservative in coming on. Not everyone refills immediately and I think in some parts of Europe having an empty washer bottle is a much more serious thing than here in the UK, in much the same way as running out of fuel is technically illegal in Germany

4. MCarda

MCarda Active Member

It gives you plenty of warning before you run out, it just comes on really early.

5. Paul Duckworth

Paul Duckworth New Member

I can get the warning and then go for 2-3 weeks normally. Then, I normally get 5 litres of water plus some screen wash in no problem.