Can't get to the fuel cap solenoid

Boxermad84

Reaction score
OK, I've search high and low on the Internet and can't find the answer for my vehicle. Im trying to get to the fuel cap solenoid as it's not locking the door. I've tried from the inside, can't get to it. Videos I've seen online show inserting a screw driver into the four holes to release the clips. Mine feel solid and can't get a screw driver in. Can't pull it off and I can't see any screws. Do I need to go underneath through the wheel well? The car is a 2013 audi A6 s line 2.0 tdi
af20a1b3ad0482039cd9b07b85dc1fdf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sorry i cannot help with your query, however i am interested to know if this is a common fault? Mine has been playing up and refusing to either lock or unlock, leaving me lock/unlocking the car repeatedly until it free up.

Mine is under warranty still, so will be a dealer visit.

Hopefully someone will reply with a answer. Min is permanently open and doesn't respond to lock and unlock with the key.

Probably no help, but this failed in the locked position after I'd had the car about a week! In fact at the first time I needed to refuel after buying it, second-hand. 2012 A6 3.0 Tdi S-line.
Without enough gas to get back to the main dealer, I removed the interior trim and found a wire cord with an orange (or yellow?) plastic handle. Gave it a yank, and it released the flap.
Didn't look any further as the car was under warranty.

Thanks, yes I know about the red cord to release the door but mine neither locks or unlocks.

You will find audizine.com a very lively site when it comes to the C7/7.5 platforms. Well worth joining :rock:

Well surely you haven checked that much as i was able to find many solenoids online. You can select the solenoid which best suits you. Hope i was able to help.

For those that don't know this is a common A6 issue and dealers know about it. If your car has a full ASH I'd be speaking with my dealer.

For those that don't know this is a common A6 issue and dealers know about it. If your car has a full ASH I'd be speaking with my dealer.
My car is four years old now, would they still honour the warranty?

OK, great thanks!

My car is four years old now, would they still honour the warranty?

How good is your relationship with your dealer and have you always had the car serviced by them is the answer.

How good is your relationship with your dealer and have you always had the car serviced by them is the answer.
I bought it used from a non audi garage last year, I've been to my local audi for the emissions re programme and that's it. I'll give them a ring and see what's the score.

Nice one, thank you! Thought i was going crazy not being able to find anything on it. Where did you get the images from?
If you want any tips on this let me know. It was not that difficulty to do if you decide to have a go at it yourself.

If you want any tips on this let me know. It was not that difficulty to do if you decide to have a go at it yourself.
Thanks, did you just punch through the plastic tabs with a screwdriver?

Thanks, did you just punch through the plastic tabs with a screwdriver?

Yes, you have to punch through the four tabs. I replaced the housing too as it looks a mess after punching through.

Reactions: Boxermad84