Cant get the mirror glass out !!! ?????

ChuckH

Reaction score
OK I know its easy Well it is when You know how ! Got a set of genuine Audi Matt mirror covers But I cant get the glass out ! I removed the black plastic cover of the bottom and have tried pushing the glass rearward But it wont move and I dont want to break it !!!!????????????????????

Thanks Guys for the overwhelming offers of help !!!!!!!:fart:

i had trouble with my old a4, try using a hook,ie old coat hanger and try pulling in different places,i found mine came out easier from the outer edge at the bottom of the glass first, just take your time prizing all round the edge,im sure youll get em out mate.

i had trouble with my old a4, try using a hook,ie old coat hanger and try pulling in different places,i found mine came out easier from the outer edge at the bottom of the glass first, just take your time prizing all round the edge,im sure youll get em out mate.

Mate Sorted now ! I didnt want to pull to hard and break the mirror lens ! You realy have to pull hard ! Anyways once Youve done one the second one takes only minutes ! They look great on Our A4 B7 Avant In Brillianr red Just as The ones on Your Cabriolet do ! Was thinking og getting a set for Our B6 Cabriolet Which is in the very light blue But I think they would not stand out with that coulor !

Picture084.jpg

glad you got em out chuck.
id put them on the cab if i were you, the windscreen fram stands out well enough and thats the same as the mirrors, i think it would look great between the alloys and the screen pillars, you might aswell put them on and get the benefit and keep the standard ones, then put them back on when you sell it and sell the matt ones on the bay and recoupe your money.
or nick one off your b7 to try it on the cab,then at least you can see it in the flesh rather than imagine what it would loo like.
GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!