Can't Fit Jom Coilovers - A3 2007 1.9 TDI

C.Long

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any experience with fitting JOM Coilovers to a Audi A3 8P 1.9 tdi 2007 Sport.

The issue i am having is fitting the front struts. I have taken it to 2 mechanics who say the JOM strut is too thick for the hub. After measuring the stock strut it measures 49.40mm and the Jom measures in at 49.80mm, so we are talking about a 0.4mm difference in Diameter. The mechanic has tried wedging the hub to make it wider but it still wont go in

I contacted the seller who has stated that this is the first time anyone has ever had an issue with fitting the coilovers to this model and has assured me that i have the correct part number.

I am wondering if anyone has had any similar issues or knows what i can do next? dont really want to take them back.

just had my joms fitted today, they are a perfect fit with the blue metal sleeve at the bottom. Does yours have this?

And we had to use a wedging cam to get it in but it fit fine. Maybe the mechanics didnt wedge it enough?

there is 2 front strut sizes on the a3 8p 55mm and 50mm i think they are mate sounds like youve got 55mm but need 50mm from what your saying

I have the blue metal sleeve, but if it wont fit without the blue sleeve, i'll have no chance with the sleeve on.

This Wedging Cam sounds like a good lead though. Got any links to the tool?

Where did you buy the kit from?

And did you buy 50mm or 55mm?