Can't find ignition switch on A3 8p.

Emir Demirovski

Reaction score
Hi, i'm currently trying to wire in my aftermarket stereo but i can't find a ignition switch to tap to. Checked all the fuses too, some work when you turn the key, but don't stay on when key is turned back. Anybody know where i can find a ignition switch working while key is on and when key is out shuts down.

Take it your looking for a 12v permanent live feed or an ignition switched 12v ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignition switched live on mine was along the top row, in the fuseboard at the end. If you want permanent live they are the first
row going down of the bigger fuses on mine

Just need a piggy back fuse connector

Make sure you get the longer ones, my road angel came with two types, one longer than the other

Fuses 1-11 on side of dash are ignition switched.

Don't piggyback, use a spare fuse point & wire properly into rear, that way it won't interrupt any load that fuse uses.

The thing with 1-11 is that when i turn the key back it stops providing electricity, i'm looking for when i take the key out it will then stop providing electricity. So when i turn the key and give contact, then turn the key back still works but when i take the key out it will shut down. Just like the factory radio works, key out radio out

Reactions: JC04OMA
The thing with 1-11 is that when i turn the key back it stops providing electricity, i'm looking for when i take the key out it will then stop providing electricity. So when i turn the key and give contact, then turn the key back still works but when i take the key out it will shut down. Just like the factory radio works, key out radio out

So you mean an Accessory position feed?

Reactions: Emir Demirovski
Might be wrong but don’t think that’s possible,

Actually i found one. It's a wire going to the light switch. If anybody is interested i will upload a picture

Reactions: curtis92
Hi, i'm currently trying to wire in my aftermarket stereo but i can't find a ignition switch to tap to. Checked all the fuses too, some work when you turn the key, but don't stay on when key is turned back. Anybody know where i can find a ignition switch working while key is on and when key is out shuts down.

Why don’t you use an adapter from Halfords and connect to the existing/factory stereo wiring?

Hi !
Sorry for sending this so late, not really used to this.
Oh and i know this isn't a good way of doing it, will be fixing it in the near future.
I hope i helped a bit.
https://ibb.co/CPPy12X
CPPy12X

Reactions: curtis92