Can't decide between black or white

Japtastic

Reaction score
So I have everything else decided but I just can't decide between a black or white black edition, what did you go for and are you still happy with your choice?

Also not sure on the titanium finish alloys, might opt for silver but that can be decided when I have chosen colour! Has any got a black or white edition with the silver alloys?

Hi Japtastic,
Both colours are really nice, however I personally went for white as nearly all A3's that I've seen happen to be black. I wanted something a bit different so hence the white as I've only seen 2 others around where i live. The misano red also looks v nice too but thats extra cash

TBH white with titanium wheels would be nice, alot better than black imho.

if you are going black edition white looks best IMO, some of the silver colors like Monza or Ice look really good in BE also:icon_thumright:

I'm also swaying towards white as well after speaking to some one at work and looking through posts on here about having a nightmare with swirl marks with black. I'd still like to see a black edition in white with the silver alloys.

Im sure that there is a pic in the sticky thread of white with silver alloys

Black all the way mate ... this is my 3rd black edition a3 in black .. Even though recently i had the chance to buy ibis white but i opted for black .

Lol, everyones opinion will be different,either colour is v nice but I went for white because hardly any of em round this way

I see loads of white Audis in generally, it is the colour of the "moment" but for how long I'm not sure! It does look good though. Black is a "safer" option IMO.

Another reason why I chose white was that I knew it would annoy the missus :lmfao:

White wins hands down then, no other reason needed.

It has to be white on the black edition, it just looks right. You should be able to find loads of pictures of black/white cars on RS4's - it has to be the most popular option out there, personally I'd go for the anthracite alloys as you will inevitably think about upgrading at some point in the future so then you can get some 19" in silver.

I too saw a silver balck edition and it looked really good in the showroom but white makes the biggest statement, BTW I have a black one now so not biased, need to update the avatar.

My girlfriend hates the white because she thinks it'll one day become off white and won't look sharp... She has a point but I'm still going to get the white cuz its just right :)

Actually, any white owners out there that has this problem after a few years? Many white cars on the street start to lose its sharpness and becomes off white or with a yellowish hue...

Thanks for all the replys chaps, still a bit undecided but pretty sure I'm going with white with silver alloys, I guess both colours are hard to keep clean, the thing that kinda pushed me more towards white was a trip to west london Audi, I went to see the used cars and every single black car had quite bad swirl marks, hopefully something that will be less noticeable in white?

Do you find white a pain to live with keep clean?

I have an (admitadly old, non black edition) black A3, however I really really badly wanted a white one but couldnt afford a brand new one so went for second hand and the white ones were still too new/expensive.

My car has a lot of swirl marks, but with a good polish and even in bright lighting you can't tell unless you get up close. Still bugs the hell out of me but doing 30k a year just isnt worth the value drop on a newer one!