Can't believe I've just done this....

Darlo

Reaction score
First time in ten years and I've manage to kerb my alloy half asleep this morning coming in to work parking up. My mrs kerbed hers on her GTD last week and I have her loads of abuse.... Karma.

I already know it's going to cost me £110 to repair as I got a quote for her diamond cuts alloys.

Has anyone else used prestige alloy wheels in Stockport? Or any other company's in the North west people could recommend?

Cheers

Get some Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 when they wear out .

IMG_1705_zpsab079377.jpg

Reactions: DommyR, slayaz, desertstorm and 2 others
Diamond cut alloys and continentals are not a good mix. Unfortunately there are numerous threads on here with folk with similar experiences. Kerbed one on my returned S3 a week or so before I swapped it over.

Think it's worth setting up a sticky thread for links to alloy refurb companies and reviews and pics of work done etc.

Mods?

Reactions: Kings999, Gazwould, Simon L and 1 other person
Thanks mate, I have just messaged him. I work in Salford so will hopefully get it sorted ASAP

From their Facebook page, he is away most of Oct, so if you get no reply in the next couple of days, try Ian on 07411 046713 who is looking after the shop.

Reactions: Darlo
Diamond cut alloys and continentals are not a good mix. Unfortunately there are numerous threads on here with folk with similar experiences. Kerbed one on my returned S3 a week or so before I swapped it over.

Think it's worth setting up a sticky thread for links to alloy refurb companies and reviews and pics of work done etc.

Mods?

Or you could pull together a post in the FAQ linking all the posts

Mods?
@Daveotto - I'll put this to the other Mods / Admin to see what they think :thumbs up:

Ohhh that made me cringe when I saw it. I have the number of the guy that repairs the alloys for Cheshire Oaks Audi right by the Outlet village between Chester-Ellesmere Port, he covers the NW but not sure where he is based.

PM me if you want it ;)

Reactions: Pulp84 and Darlo
Just an update for you. Wheel removed today at Kowalski and currently on its way to southport where the work is done.

Really impressed with service so far, Ian who is looking after the shop was very helpful. It's actually costing me £5 more than elsewhere but they will have it back with 3 days and it's 5 minutes from work.

They had no full sized replacement so rolling on the space saver... At least my mpgs will improved for the next few days.

Thanks everyone for their helpful posts. I will post pics of completed work for anyone who is interested. I've been told it will be like new so fingers crossed.

Mods?
@Daveotto - I'll put this to the other Mods / Admin to see what they think :thumbs up:
Spoke with the other Mods / Admin & the answer is no peoples

What @veeeight suggests below is a decent suggestion IMO
Or you could pull together a post in the FAQ linking all the posts

Reactions: Daveotto and veeeight
Just an update for you. Wheel removed today at Kowalski and currently on its way to southport where the work is done.

Really impressed with service so far, Ian who is looking after the shop was very helpful. It's actually costing me £5 more than elsewhere but they will have it back with 3 days and it's 5 minutes from work.

They had no full sized replacement so rolling on the space saver... At least my mpgs will improved for the next few days.

Thanks everyone for their helpful posts. I will post pics of completed work for anyone who is interested. I've been told it will be like new so fingers crossed.

Any pics Darlo? Before and after would be good...

Any pics Darlo? Before and after would be good...

I was going to update after I have cleaned the car up. I am not 100% happy with the wheel but I am waiting for a day off when I can clean the whole car and make my decision. The problem is the grey colour isn't a perfect to the original Audi grey. Its a little darker then it should be. The diamond cut is fine, its just the colour. Nobody has noticed it since having it done, I have extreme car OCD which is making me think am I being over picky! I cant fault their service, they did a very quick turned around and they have offered to rectify it but its the hassle of driving round on a space saver.

Just to let you all know that we sorted the issue out with the paint. These wheels are refurbed with the OEM colour so no more problem.

Yes I got my wheel back yesterday and I am 100% happy with it. Excellent customers service!

Nathan was brilliant and sorted the problem as soon as he was made aware. Even loaned full sized wheels so no space saver action this time. Fantastic service and would highly recommend. I will be getting the mrs gtd wheel sorted with them when the lease is up. My s3/golf r hybrid got some strange looks....

First time in ten years and I've manage to kerb my alloy half asleep this morning coming in to work parking up. My mrs kerbed hers on her GTD last week and I have her loads of abuse.... Karma.

I already know it's going to cost me £110 to repair as I got a quote for her diamond cuts alloys.

Has anyone else used prestige alloy wheels in Stockport? Or any other company's in the North west people could recommend?

Cheers

Interesting

I seem to have good protection with Contis

S3 wheel

My car is in need of a very good clean so when that's done I will get some pictures up of the wheel. You really can't tell the difference now