1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Cannot open bonnet - help!!

DMCC May 12, 2020

1. DMCC

DMCC Registered User

On my 2009 a3 I had to remove the entire front panel to replace the radiator,
    To make sure it aligned ok when done I closed the bonnet, now I cannot get it open! It is closed firmly on the latch

The front bumper is still removed from the car (luckily) , I have tried someone pulling the interior latch whilst I push down on the bonnet but no joy. I can hear the cable being worked

It doesnt appear to be like my old mk5 golf that had torx screws so I could access it to remove the entire mechanism

Any help appreciated!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. DMCC

DMCC Registered User

Anyone??

4. ahtcap

ahtcap Registered User

5. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

now reading your post you removed the whole bumper etc to replace the rad pack pack . Which i gatther is not the same , only my thinking is if it was the correct 1 then you woukdn't have said problem

6. DMCC

DMCC Registered User

That guide must be for an older one because the bolts that hold the bonnet mechanism within the slam panel are on the engine side. Nothing there at the front.
    For future, if any one comes across this on a later 8P model it seems like you will have to climb under the car and reach up to unscrew the 3 Torx bolts holding the mechanism to the slam panel.
    Once unscrewed you can then left the bonnet and the mechanism up together then detach the cable with a screwdriver....

henkkeumus likes this.
Tags: