Cancelling

I've been quoted £375 on an S3 Saloon with £4000 of options and a £4000 discount, so that wipes out the options.
This is though with a £4500 deposit. If you go for the SB and don't spec 19's and Mag ride that will bring the price down.

I also priced up BMW 330i, SEAT Cupra290 Sub8 and Focus RS and they all come in at very similar figures once you load them up with your chosen but not OTT options. Different GFV and APR is what swings a lower face value car closer to the Audi monthly rates.
Also test drove 2 Cupra290's and decided it's too 'Hot-Hatch 1 trick pony', for my needs and my garage queen Impreza (had for 12 years) runs rings around it for power, drive and experience. This has also caused me to rule out the Focus RS.

My next Audi needs 'grunt' and a petrol engine (big regret getting the A4 as a diesel), but I'm not looking to out perform my Subaru, but it does need to be comfortable when required. Hence S3 Saloon for me is currently top of the pile.

The Impreza runs rings around anything VW group trots out full stop! Engineered to last. Biggest mistake of my life getting rid of it & buying a plastic fantastic!

The Impreza runs rings around anything VW group trots out full stop! Engineered to last. Biggest mistake of my life getting rid of it & buying a plastic fantastic!

So VW are 'plastic fantastic' when compared to ...............Subaru??

Oh boy that's great stuff, go on tell us another..................!! lol

tumblr_n7eok6gPaE1qbzzylo1_500.gif

Reactions: richinsoton, Jassyo06, davc and 1 other person
So VW are 'plastic fantastic' when compared to ...............Subaru??

Oh boy that's great stuff, go on tell us another..................!! lol

tumblr_n7eok6gPaE1qbzzylo1_500.gif

Under the bonnet they are YES! Plastic inlet manifolds, plastic coolant flanges, plastic battery boxes, plastic water pump impellers, plastic, plastic, plastic! Need I go on? Take it you never had the spanners on your Audi? You think a rally bred car could cope with that rubbish thrown up on it? A modern Audi would last ten minutes with stones throwing up at it on a rally stage!

Under the bonnet they are YES! Plastic inlet manifolds, plastic coolant flanges, plastic battery boxes, plastic water pump impellers, plastic, plastic, plastic! Need I go on? Take it you never had the spanners on your Audi? You think a rally bred car could cope with that rubbish thrown up on it? A modern Audi would last ten minutes with stones throwing up at it on a rally stage!

Well guess what, I didn't buy my S3 for rally driving and neither would anyone else if they understood what market it was intended for!!

Reactions: S32B, richinsoton and Snake Pliskin
Well guess what, I didn't buy my S3 for rally driving and neither would anyone else if they understood what market it was intended for!!
What market are they intended for prey tell? 1 year warranty then you are on your own?

You will notice from my list above that the current Subaru was not included. They lost their way many years ago and never re-lived the 1996-2000 heyday. Hence I would not consider one even after 12 years (and rising) ownership of an original.

Please don't turn this thread into a VW/Audi Vs Subaru face-off. It's just a touch off topic.

Reactions: NatalieBx
I think you have made the correct decision here based on your previous dilemma.

Best of luck in what you chose, and keep us informed!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
I think you have made the correct decision here based on your previous dilemma.

Best of luck in what you chose, and keep us informed!
Thanks I just hope it all works out.

I'm just trying to warn people of the whole heap of unreliable trouble they'll get involved with buying the 4 ring badge. Cost me £1200 in repairs every year for the 3 years I've owned it with servicing each year on top. Junk.

I'm just trying to warn people of the whole heap of unreliable trouble they'll get involved with buying the 4 ring badge. Cost me £1200 in repairs every year for the 3 years I've owned it with servicing each year on top. Junk.

I take it you'll be popping into every other major manufacturer's forum to say the same thing then?? You've had problems, so have a few others.....................doesn't make it a universal problem.

Reactions: richinsoton

34t3e5e.gif

Reactions: Zak0123, richinsoton and Jassyo06
Why would I be popping into other manufacturers forums when I don't own any of their cars? Can only comment on what I've owned! A vosa recall on the injectors for every model of my engine says theres universal problems to me!

Why would I be popping into other manufacturers forums when I don't own any of their cars? Can only comment on what I've owned! A vosa recall on the injectors for every model of my engine says theres universal problems to me!

tumblr_mcbag5iSz81rf61hbo1_500.gif

Reactions: Jassyo06
:yahoo:
I don't know if what I'm feeling is normal because I've ordered or I genuinely don't want the car? What car would you order if you were me?

Just buy what you want and don't try to justify it to yourself, or anyone else. You said in this thread somewhere "I want an Audi". Good for you, go and get one.
I have an A3 saloon. It would have been more sensible to get a Skoda Octavia, but I didn't want to be sensible, I wanted an Audi.
If and when I come to change, I may well go Skoda or something else. But at the moment I'm enjoying my Audi.
It's not perfect (no car is) and it's expensive. But I really like it (particularly when I've just cleaned it) :yahoo:

Reactions: richinsoton and Gazjs
  • For a young person I think a 3 door hatch S3 is the way to go! It's a hot hatch but not a boy racer looking hot hatch...a classy one ;)
  • Saloon just oozes class, but everyone will think it's your dads!
  • Sportback is nice, practical, BUT everyone will think you're married with kids!
This is boy racer:

media

This is classy:

media

Reactions: Gazjs and froggy
Good luck with your decision.
I'm getting an S3 loaner from my dealer for this weekend to help me decide
a) if I could live with S-tronic
b) if I like the S3
c) if I can justify the change from my high spec'd A4

What I really want is the S3 engine in place of my diesel A4's.
S4 is not an option and used cost more than the S3 per month and won't be to my spec.

I've been quoted £375 on an S3 Saloon with £4000 of options and a £4000 discount, so that wipes out the options.
This is though with a £4500 deposit. If you go for the SB and don't spec 19's and Mag ride that will bring the price down.

Hey @Scott.T can I ask where you were offered this deal? I selected a S3 saloon with £2702 of extras and with a £6000 deposit was quoted £460.....

Just curious, how much do you think salesman earn?

That depends on good.....they are mate???????,l know how much my son earns but that's not for me to tell,l know is he paid £24k on income tax alone last year
Deserves every penny he gets its a highly competitive place to work in is a Audi showroom 12 hour days 6days a week he even works on his day off delivering clients cars etc etc and the **** he's got to put up with from clients you wouldn't believe l surely could not tolerate that.

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Hey @Scott.T can I ask where you were offered this deal? I selected a S3 saloon with £2702 of extras and with a £6000 deposit was quoted £460.....

CarWow came back with good deals from Epson and Coventry. With Coventry giving £4200 off and £384 per month over 48 months and £4500 from me.
My local dealer then came back with £375 on a manual, which is where I may head.

CarWow came back with good deals from Epson and Coventry. With Coventry giving £4200 off and £384 per month over 48 months and £4500 from me.
My local dealer then came back with £375 on a manual, which is where I may head.

So £9 less a month for a manual gearbox......just get the one, with one less peddle with launch control and burps

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
So £9 less a month for a manual gearbox......just get the one, with one less peddle with launch control and burps
And a mind of its own !!!!!

Been there with an S4 and I wasn't 100% convinced I liked it. I never felt compromised by a manual but I felt it at times with the stronic.
Hence the loaner re-evaluation this weekend.

The manual VS stronic price difference is actually £25 per month if I use the same dealer for the PCP.

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Jassyo06

Been there with an S4 and I wasn't 100% convinced I liked it. I never felt compromised by a manual but I felt it at times with the stronic.

The manual VS stronic price difference is actually £25 per month if I use the same dealer for the PCP.

Fair Dues mate enjoy yer weekend with the car,but l know ye will go S Tronic....lol stop kidding yerself...lol

Not gonna get into another Manual v s-tronic debate, if you genuinely prefer manual that's fine but *** don't base your decision on a paltry £25pm!!

Reactions: Gazwould, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 1 other person
Not gonna get into another Manual v s-tronic debate, if you genuinely prefer manual that's fine but *** don't base your decision on a paltry £25pm!!
I won't

Reactions: Pinky1959, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
What market are they intended for prey tell? 1 year warranty then you are on your own?
One year?!?!? Got 3 years with mine!!! I've owned the car for a year now and it's cost me a service plus normal tax/insurance/fuel.

Audi are better built than a lot out there and I know that for a fact! :)

Only thing I know less reliable is a Turkish holiday Rolex! Suppose people have spent a lot of money & keep having to justify their purchase though. Mines getting part-ex after latest repair. Japanese all the way for me! You have to REALLY ask yourself if are you buying the image / status or the quality of the engineering? When I dropped mine off at the garage this afternoon a 63 plate Passat was being delivered on a low loader & being pushed back into the garage....wouldn't even go under its own steam.

Only thing I know less reliable is a Turkish holiday Rolex! Suppose people have spent a lot of money & keep having to justify their purchase though. Mines getting part-ex after latest repair. Japanese all the way for me! You have to REALLY ask yourself if are you buying the image / status or the quality of the engineering? When I dropped mine off at the garage this afternoon a 63 plate Passat was being delivered on a low loader & being pushed back into the garage....wouldn't even go under its own steam.

The only thing you need to REALLY ask yourself is why you bought an Audi in the first place, you clearly can't afford to run it!!

1 year warranty!! Where'd you buy it...............Turkey??!! lol

Reactions: pburv and S32B
The only thing you need to REALLY ask yourself is why you bought an Audi in the first place, you clearly can't afford to run it!!

How 'Bazaar'......:whistle2:

Reactions: Scottyg and Simon L

Bought it on the false myth of German engineering excellence & reliability. There you hit the crux of the matter.....affording to run it! What is the expectation on yearly costs to run one doing 6 to 7k a year? I'd be interested to know what people think? The Swiss Tony salesman conveniently forgot to put that bit in his spiel...."yeah mate put aside £2k a year for repairs & you should be fine"! Pah....

Japanese all the way for me!
lmao made me laugh :) Honda and Toyota have had more safety recalls in the last 5 years than anyone, think Nissan is up there as well!

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Shouldn't knock fake rolex either.................I picked up a cracker on holiday last year................

img54.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv
Shouldn't knock fake rolex either.................I picked up a cracker on holiday last year................

img54.jpg
How can you tell that is fake??? Did you only get a one year warranty with it?

Reactions: Simon L, Ghost and pburv

img54.jpg
Ha Ha ...I want to join in but we all know where that will lead us....lol:friends:

Reactions: Simon L
How can you tell that is fake??? Did you only get a one year warranty with it?
If you look closely you will see that the second hand doesn't move round seamlessly ....:whistle2: