Canbus or not?

Daniel M

Reaction score
I have searched the forum but not had any joy and a few mixed comments in other threads so best to ask. All I wanted to know is can anyone tell me if my A3 is canbus or not. Its a 2003 8L TDI Sport. I'm new to Audi's so was wondering if anyone can tell me or if theres a simple way to tell myself.

Thanks in advance.

I though all face lifted models (so that includes yours) had a canbus. Hopefully someone will be actually able to confirm it though.

Thanks mate, just need some clarification as I want to get a 4300K (To keep it OEM look) HID kit and dont want to get the wrong one. Seems to be mixed opinons in other threads Ive read.

CANBUS comms on the radio but K-Line for module comms... full CANBUS came with the 8P's

<tuffty/>

A3's and S3's have bulb out warnings... not sure how this would work but normally LED type bulbs etc have a resistor or similar to represent load so the warning doesn't appear...

<tuffty/>

hi ya dude my cousin has put a HID conversion kit in his skoda vrs witch isnt canbus and all was good no bulb warning problems if thats any help .

Thanks guys think I'll bite the bullet and get one and if it does throw up errors I'll send it back.

Thanks for you help guys

Good morning mates I hope I will also get advice from you. A while back I converted my lights to HID (Phillips) on my a3 8l 1.8, ever since then I experienced so many issues like the brake lights and number plate lights not working, turning signals not flickering now higher beam also not working only lower beam. How can I solve this issue? TIAa