1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you have an s line car with black styling pack and no Bose?

Buxton2901 Apr 3, 2018

1. Buxton2901

Buxton2901 Well-Known Member

Simple question which I can't find the answer to.
    I'm looking at a 2013 s line bitdi A6 Avant which has black roof rails, window trim, grille etc. It's advertised as having bose but from the pics I can't see the Bose aluminium strip on the speakers.
    Can it still be Bose ?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. DonkeyIce

DonkeyIce Member

That’s an odd one, black edition also have black trim inside, thats aluminium. Bose as far as I knew was part of the black edition those grills suggest standard, what model does the plate bring up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buxton2901 likes this.
  3. Buxton2901

Reg brings up
    "Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDi S line Tiptronic Quattro 5dr (12 - 13)"

Is that the only extra between s line and black edition?

4. DonkeyIce

DonkeyIce Member

The external trim and grill are also black not chrome, I’ll dig the 2012/13 brochure I have out when in work in the morning, thats got the full s-line vs BE spec in.
    The one in the pictures could be a home grown BE, reg will bring up BLK edition if it’s genuine

Buxton2901 likes this.
  5. Devilz

Devilz Active Member Team Moonlight Team V6 VCDS Map User Audi A6 quattro S-line owners group

No high no lows must be Bose.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  6. Buxton2901

This car does have tech pack, adaptive cruise, sports diff, memory seat.
    Is it worth walking away from cos it's an s line with black exterior styling pack and not a genuine BE???

7. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic S-line owners group

No, as in realty it makes no difference to the car. If it's your must have option then find a BE.

When I was selecting the options for my A6 I never bothered with the BE as I did not want the privacy glass or the 20" wheels (pilot sport 4's are expensive enough on 18" never mind 20) + the roads around where I live a appalling and my spine would never survive!

Buxton2901 likes this.
  8. Rhyso

Rhyso Well-Known Member

I’d happily give up Bose for the rest of the spec you’ve mentioned!! Sports diff for example is VERY rare!!

Buxton2901 likes this.
  9. pxr5

pxr5 Member Team Mythos A7 Owner Group Black Edition quattro TDi S-line owners group

Bose isn't that great anyway. I wouldn't let that sway me.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  10. Buxton2901

Thanks guys. This car does still have tinted windows and 20in wheels. How can it have all these without being a black edition?

Is it the same suspension on the s line Vs BE?

I might ask the dealer for the vin number so I can check the full factory spec sheet.

11. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic S-line owners group

Sounds like you are hung up on a BE model. I would just wait till you find a BE car, may not be a good as spec as that.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  12. Rhyso

Rhyso Well-Known Member

You can ring Audi with the reg and they will give you the full spec of the car :) I did have a number but I've lost it :(

My guess is the original owner specified the tints and wheels??

Buxton2901 likes this.
  13. fafa

fafa Member

My guess is they've specced privacy glass (or had them tinted) and then had the exterior chrome wrapped. The interior looks like standard sline. Tints are usually given away by dot matrix showing around the edge, the pictures don't have enough clarity to tell.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  14. John Wr

John Wr New Member

I am sure before the Black edition became a mainstream model you could specify any of the model range SE, S-Line with something like"delete brightwork and add black trim in lieu".

John.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  15. B5NUT

Black optic pack (removal of chrome trim) was an option, along with the 20" wheels & factory tints + if you were not bothered about Bose then you saved money selecting the 3 options rather than having a black edition.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  16. Buxton2901

Is the suspension set up the same access s line and black edition?
    I actually prefer the aluminium trim inside. It breaks up all the black IMO

17. B5NUT

Same suspension by default, but there were suspension options.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  18. DonkeyIce

DonkeyIce Member

[​IMG]

19. DonkeyIce

DonkeyIce Member

Yup sline was standard but you could have the sline sports which dropped a further 10mm as a no cost option

20. woollyjoe

woollyjoe Active Member

I can shed some light (if it's not too late)...

The Black edition features are all selectable options as standard - just think of the black edition as a more economical grouped set of options.

I have an S-Line with all Black edition options selected bar the Bose and gloss black chrome. I don't rate the Bose (I'm an audiophile) and i love the window line on an A6 saloon - one of the best proportioned large cars ever made. I also have upgraded chrome / matt aluminium options at front too.

I also have the sport diff... it is exceptionally rare as very expensive option.

PS - am thinking of selling for RS6 if anyone is interested in very low miles highest spec A6 bitdi made.

pxr5 likes this.