Can you add more power

Mr Tidy

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Just traded my leon st Fr in for an a4 allroad 2012. Been here before and loved the car. Leon was 184hp and was fast and the a4 is 170hp but tbh the allroad feels a lot less spritely. More so than 14hp would suggest. I know its a different style of car etc, but was wondering if its possible to squeeze a bit more oomph out the 2lt tdi lump?
Not looking for sports car grunt and less reliability though.

Any help greatly appreciated

Gary

Hi everyone
Just traded my leon st Fr in for an a4 allroad 2012. Been here before and loved the car. Leon was 184hp and was fast and the a4 is 170hp but tbh the allroad feels a lot less spritely. More so than 14hp would suggest. I know its a different style of car etc, but was wondering if its possible to squeeze a bit more oomph out the 2lt tdi lump?
Not looking for sports car grunt and less reliability though.

Any help greatly appreciated

Gary

Stage 1 remap will give you an extra 30+ bhp, it deffo made my A5 2.0TDI 177bhp more responsive/quicker.

JG

Great, whats the cost involved, and can anyone recomend anywhere in central scotland

Great, whats the cost involved, and can anyone recomend anywhere in central scotland

Prices vary, I had a Superchips, Bluefin. Have a look at their website. APR in Glasgow, MRC in Falkirk, recommended. & Revo. There are others throughout Scotland, but these are my top 3.

JG

Your see a big increase in hp with a simple stage 1 remap for diesels but its the torque that will liven it up and will sink you into the seat accelerating, my previous car was a 3.0 turbo v6 diesel Mercedes stock it was 220hp 520nm, it made 270hp and 600nm after the remap, night and day difference for daily driving and overtaking, I've never been a fan of chips or boxes for cars id always recommend a custom map you will see the most benefit overall, power delivery, fuel economy, after care and just generally more bang for your buck, budget anywhere from £300 up for a custom map, nothing against boxes ect but if your going to do something regardless what it is you might as well do it properly that's the motto I live by anyway :icon thumright:

This sounds perfect for what im looking for, soon as the current health situation is over im getting it done.
Thanks for your advice folks

Reactions: RS5 JON and Ricky Burrows
Hey guys. I have audi a3 2.0 tdi 138BHP, and im thinking do remap stage 1. Could you tell me is it worth it? Is my clutch and turbo will survive? And what about DPF, egr removal. Shoud i delete dpf and egr? What could you recommend guys. and maybe you know who is really good at this in devon ?

Hey guys. I have audi a3 2.0 tdi 138BHP, and im thinking do remap stage 1. Could you tell me is it worth it? Is my clutch and turbo will survive? And what about DPF, egr removal. Shoud i delete dpf and egr? What could you recommend guys. and maybe you know who is really good at this in devon ?

I've had a stage 1 dine on my A4 BRE engine, taking it from 140 to 170. I can't remember the torque figure, but as Ricky says it's the torque not the power increase that makes the difference on a diesel. Mine is a much improved low down and fuel economy has increased. Your clutch and turbo should be fine, if your engine is healthy now.
I had a tuning box on mine before and as soon as I pulled up the guy knew it saying all they do is over fuel the engine causing more black smoke and a sooty valance
I had mine done in Newark by a guy who runs Re-map UK. There are franchises throughout the country. I would definitely recommend him, although can't vouch for the other outlets.
What engine do you have? I thought all 140s didn't have a DPF and I've already removed my EGR (he mapped out the warning light for me too).

Reactions: Ricky Burrows

A mechanic once told me to not remove the DPF if it doesn’t show any issues unless you go for stage 2 where you should change down pipe, exhaust etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A mechanic once told me to not remove the DPF if it doesn’t show any issues unless you go for stage 2 where you should change down pipe, exhaust etc.

I'm not massively clued up on diesels but from what I've heard the dpf is a ticking time bomb if your getting a map then take it out at the same time, that's what id do anyway, my Mercedes never had a dpf (weirdly) possibly already taken out? not sure either way they work fine without one so bin it off.

I'm not massively clued up on diesels but from what I've heard the dpf is a ticking time bomb if your getting a map then take it out at the same time, that's what id do anyway, my Mercedes never had a dpf (weirdly) possibly already taken out? not sure either way they work fine without one so bin it off.

I have a Mercedes 3.0 TDI and it had a DPF and I removed it because it was damaged so it wasn’t doing what it was supposed to do.
I’ve had a Audi A4 B8 2010 and made stage 1 without removing the DPF because it was good and you don’t need to pay extra to remove it and cancel it since it works and you are only doing stage 1.
Remove it only if stage 2 as otherwise can’t get the extra powers from it and you need to do down pipe anyway at that stage so I would do front to end new double exhaust and remove DPF when I’ll do stage 2 on my new 2015 A4 B8 S-Line Black edition nav

This was the best I managed with a CR150 with 184 parts.

CR170 with no dpf was around 210hp / 490nm

Reactions: DieselJake

Yeah but something is wrong with dpf, because every week i have to go for a drive to clean it out.. so im thinking to do stage 1 remove dpf because its enoying ****. and when the fault show i cant stop engine otherwise will go on limp mode. What about egr ? Do yoou know anything? Should i delete it aswell at the same time when i do remap?

And whats good/bad about selticTunings? aare they good, and are they know what they do or better stay away?

Either way id still delete the dpf and egr there just a problem and un necessary when tuning so get rid of them, as for celtic tuning there maps are generic so you wot get the benefits of a custom map but I think there ok for a generic map.

Reactions: Julius