Can this be true??? DVD movies on rnse

The guy is selling a hack to release the Video in Motion facility that stops DVD's playing when you get to a certain speed, you will still need a Multimedia interface and player to play DVD's

yep - that just looks like the VIM hack, so just to stop the screen blanking at 10mph to stop the driver from watching telly... Sadly not something to enable movie playback via nav-disc DVD reader... which I would have thought should also be possible given that there is MPEG decoding going on in the RNS-E already (albeit MP3 audio).

The (fairly old design) processor in the RNS-E isn't capable of MPEG decoding at the rate needed to decode video, it's just too slow. It can cope with audio, but not video. So playing DVDs on the RNS-E will always require a multimedia adapter and an external DVD player - PITA, but true.

hmmm... does make sense... the dvd players do only feed the AV video and audi signal (alrerday processed) and the only "data" lines are the canbus controls, no DVD data...

hmmm.... could look very tacky, but not gonna knock it too much until I've seen it in the flesh, but always cautious when there's a lot integrated (what about DVB-T diversity tuner upgrade, etc).... I'd be interested to see an objective review ;)