Can someone help tell me if this noise is good or bad video attached

That is the sound of a ******** DV or one thats lost its vacuum... what DV you got?

<tuffty/>

Ah was thinking it could be the DV sticking I have a forge 007p one mate

Worth checking it then as they need a service from time to time... what spring is in it?

<tuffty/>

Not to sure as I haven't had it apart I have a yellow spring kicking about, i'll give it a good service as I fitted it over 3 years ago

Leave the green in if you have it... stiffer spring will make it worse... Forge sell service kits and if you have an early 007p then get a kit with the new revision of piston that has the o-ring on it...

<tuffty/>

I'll get the kit and hopefully the damage to the dv isn't too bad

Cheers Tuffty I looked it up and I'll order it now, was thinking of replacing the dv altogether but the cost has gone up a bit

Ok after months of enduring this horrible fluttering noise I had a proper look and found this

I think a mechanic has bodged the pcv valve breather pipe with tape causing it to rip and cause a vac leak I ordered a new breather pipe and the car sounds much better plus it pulls better to! Case closed!

i have the exact same noise, serviced the forge 007p dv yesterday and its still there, can only assume i have leak some where, i have the bits to remove sai, and simplify the pcv but not mechanically minded enough to fit, cant find any where local that smoke tests,