1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can OBDeleven fill my coding needs?

bobbytomorow Jul 3, 2018

1. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow New Member

I have recently retrofitted a multifunction steering wheel to my 2006 A3 following a tutorial on a vwvortex, now I just need to do the coding so the buttons on the new wheel function properly. Although the tutorial uses VCDS to do the coding could this also be done using OBDeleven?

This is where I’m at in the tutorial for reference:

Basically would I be able to do that step using an obdeleven ?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. dp_motley

dp_motley 2012 A3 1.6 TDI

Yes, it would be able. I coded puddle & warning lights recently with the OBDeleven by changing numbers. Everything went well. I bet coding the steering wheel wouldn't be an issue.

4. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow New Member

Thanks for that’s answer! I couldn’t find confirmation anywhere that obd11 would be able. To code a MFSW retrofit but if it can do what you have done via coding I don’t see why not.

Time to take the plunge and find out. I will report back with results soon as one ships to me :^)

5. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

It might be worth sending theses guys a PM @NHN or @Ash187 and they should be able to help as this is what they do for a living @NHN is mobile

bobbytomorow likes this.
  6. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow New Member

Ok the OBDeleven arrived today and it did what I wanted, I was able to enable the paddle shifters as well as the audio controls.

dp_motley likes this.
  7. dp_motley

dp_motley 2012 A3 1.6 TDI

Congratulations, well done!

bobbytomorow likes this.
  8. Michael Paul shields

Michael Paul shields New Member Team Phantom TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 Sportback Manual

hi what software can i download to for the laptop to get obd11 working i have the usb and bluetooth version

9. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow New Member

I’m not sure what you can use with a PC, as far as I know it only works with their proprietary Android app which is what I use. I bought an android device specifically for the purpose of using obd11 because they don’t have an iOS app.

10. Michael Paul shields

Michael Paul shields New Member Team Phantom TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 Sportback Manual

hi bobbytomorow what android app have you downloaded for it to work

11. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow New Member