1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can no longer change colour in extended interior lights

Corbula Dec 3, 2018

1. Corbula

Corbula Member

I've not tried changing the colours in my extended interior lights for some time but I looked yesterday and while I can change from the presets, Blue and Red. When I go to individual and then colour it comes up with the wheel but no colours and I can't move it. I can still change the brightness just not the colours.

This might be related to a software update Audi did to the front camera a couple of weeks ago but wanted to ask here if anyone else has has this issue?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

I have had the camera update and I can still change the individual colours...

4. Corbula

Corbula Member

Yea I don't know if it was related or not. The colours might have not been working for a couple of months for all I know. It's just that's the only sort of change recently so wasn't sure.

Just on a side note, did you get notified of that software update? I only found out when I booked it in to get the oil change interval changed, otherwise I wouldn't of known about it.

5. cuke2u

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  6. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark Active Member Team Scuba Audi A4

Had mine updated last week too. Colour wheel still there, just been out and checked!

Same, I only got told about it when booking in.

7. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member Team Daytona Team V6 SQ5 owners group Audi Q5 S tronic

Just tried it on my SQ5 18 plate after reading this & mine is the same???. Can change the ''stock''colours but colour wheel option is not thetre?.

8. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

I'll be really angry if they update mine and stop it from working. It's one of my son's favourite things in the car and one of the features I specifically wanted.

9. RS3 S.

.............to be honest only had my car a few weeks & still playing with the features & after reading this thought i would have a play. As above only got the ''standard factory'' colours. Car is an 18 plate so trip to the dealers i think.

Daggerit likes this.
  10. Corbula

Corbula Member

Yea it's a bit weird. I had nothing on Sunday or yesterday morning. When I went to leave work I had nothing, but turned the engine off with individual selected, turned it back on and it was there again. If I have it set to one of the presets and seems to not show the individual.

Select individual, stop the engine after a couple of seconds start it back up and go back into individual and see if it's there again.

11. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Really strange...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Corbula

Corbula Member

If you do let us know how you get on and what they say.

14. cuke2u

So are you sure you have the extended led lights pack? Have you checked all the options you were told the car has by the dealership are actually there? You have a sticker in the boot, and another within the car's service manual pack with codes you can compare to here http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...on-codes.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3Rd0duK63-T1CuT9vWgyVK

15. Daggerit

Standard setup doesn't allow for colours to be changed at all, so for him to have the 'standard factory colours' would lead me to assume he definitely has the extended version. :)

cuke2u likes this.
  16. RS3 S.

..............sorted mine,should pay more attention !!!!:thumbs up:

Daggerit likes this.