Can I upgrade ordinary head lights to LED ones ?

I know you don't have washers! i knew that before you did! But i was under the impression that cars fitted with LED and Xenon headlights needed washers. If you don't, then my bad... Its your car...Just trying to help! I think most people on here try to keep their car to OEM standard and try to upgrade or modify their cars to be of a higher spec but keeping it pretty much genuine Audi. Not many people are using ebay tat to modify, hence why most of us cant understand why you would want to not go down that route...
NO no am very thankful you helping .. I appreciate it ..
I just picked up side skirts from seller he ordered for 5 door and he had 3 door 2013 audi .. and how come he has upgraded to 2019 those even better nicer headlight on even older car than mine? + he had to replace and upgrade bumper to match headlight shape ? and he said no any problems paid for software and wiring loom and work
damn dat looks even better :D

Attachments

• ca104a7e-9469-4188-904e-a234f90e18b8.jpg
    ca104a7e-9469-4188-904e-a234f90e18b8.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 308
Reactions: Ormesome
NO no am very thankful you helping .. I appreciate it ..
I just picked up side skirts from seller he ordered for 5 door and he had 3 door 2013 audi .. and how come he has upgraded to 2019 those even better nicer headlight on even older car than mine? + he had to replace and upgrade bumper to match headlight shape ? and he said no any problems paid for software and wiring loom and work
damn dat looks even better :D

He's changing from xenon to xenon... I changed mine from PFL xenon to FL LED too, but that's besides the point... You, however, are going from halogen to xenon, like everyone pointed out, it's required by law to have self leveling for xenon, plus washer, it's not as simple as you think. The wiring loom and coding are completely different. And like I told you, coding xenon to halogen requires ODIS, not just VCDS...

He's changing from xenon to xenon... I changed mine from PFL xenon to FL LED too, but that's besides the point... You, however, are going from halogen to xenon, like everyone pointed out, it's required by law to have self leveling for xenon, plus washer, it's not as simple as you think. The wiring loom and coding are completely different. And like I told you, coding xenon to halogen requires ODIS, not just VCDS...
Alright I understand.. Really shame .. well I will stick with these I have ordered LEDs all round I will save the money then
OK guyz thnx very much for the help and advice.. Really appreciate it .. Am surrendering form this upgrade.. to much work and expensive
Thnx again

My 2016 S-line has factory fitted LED headlights with levellers but no washers. It only has the washer blanks.

Lots of guessing going on here
Guessers just cost other people money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Phone Tech
just vcds?

100% yes

Have a good search on here and even over on the TT forum, plenty of people have done the mod and NO ONE has had to use Odis

Rubbish
Odis is NOT required !
It is a simple coding change in 09 central electronics
I’ve done LOTS of these for people
Your clearly guessing or just going on what someone else has guessed and told you !
I’m talking from personal experience
Odis would only come into play if the central electronics module had component protection which it doesn’t

100% yes

Have a good search on here and even over on the TT forum, plenty of people have done the mod and NO ONE has had to use Odis

But spoke with person which said it has to be connected to audi server is it ODIS ?

person told me he had halogen did halogen- led conversion .. he paid service £350 and siad need to be connected to audi server ''ODIS''?

That’s because that’s the system Audi now always use, they no longer use VAS which was the same as vcds
All done at dealers by Odis since newer cars had component protection which only works by Odis which is connected back to Germany

Rubbish
Odis is NOT required !
It is a simple coding change in 09 central electronics
I’ve done LOTS of these for people
Your clearly guessing or just going on what someone else has guessed and told you !
I’m talking from personal experience
Odis would only come into play if the central electronics module had component protection which it doesn’t

Wow, really? First of all, who's full of assumptions? You have done lots of WHAT for people and WHAT personal experience do you have? If you haven't read the whole thread, it is 8V HALOGEN to XENON, and halogen means BCM LOW on 8V!! How are you supposed to write BCM HI parameters with VCDS???

If you're unsure why ODIS is called for you could simply ask me why I think it's needed... Instead, coming here shouting rubbish and getting personal, way to go man... It's people like you that makes people stop wanting to contribute on forum, thank you!

If the bcm is low then how does Odis programme it ? Another guess maybe ?
Year dependant on the 8v depends on level of bcm ( which is another story )
Low bcm are being faded out across the vag range

Of course a scan of vcds is always required before any mod

I clearly posted because I’ve done plenty of halogen to xenon / bi xenons
Not just turned up and spouted rubbish

Forum contributions shouldn’t be full of guesses, they cost people money

I have owned vcds and VCP for a long time and also have access to Odis and can assure you I know how to use them

Last edited:
OMG Whatever, you have access to ODIS and yet don't know how to write parameters???? And PFL halogen with BCM Hi??? OOOOk…. Ask anyone here if I'm guessing lol

OMG Whatever, you have access to ODIS and yet don't know how to write parameters???? And PFL halogen with BCM Hi??? OOOOk…. Ask anyone here if I'm guessing lol
Hi So if you know so much help me out to install them as I cant return them anymore so I wanna defo upgrade
I have purchased the wire adapters will solder them my self but I need pinout diagram can you provide it ?
What else I will need ?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 280
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 268
Hey guyyz
Made adapter wires myself and hooked it up ..
50% success .. :) The main beam works and turning lights works
But LEDs DRLs doesn't :(
Probably need to add wires ? I have connected 7 wires of 10

Attachments

• IMG_20190702_183421.jpg
    IMG_20190702_183421.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20190702_190343.jpg
    IMG_20190702_190343.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 307
Yes the day has come
The Led headlights retrofit DONE :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190728_053703.jpg
    IMG_20190728_053703.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 233
Reactions: Jayy
Is there any chance you can create a diagram of how you created the harness?

Hey guyyz
Made adapter wires myself and hooked it up ..
50% success .. :) The main beam works and turning lights works
But LEDs DRLs doesn't :(
Probably need to add wires ? I have connected 7 wires of 10

i have the exact same issue, i have everything working perfect but no DRL, :(