Can I remap without setting off fault?

Nawaid

Just orderded Audi S3 Saloon S-Tronic
Reaction score
Right, I have spent most of today reading about remapping without setting of fault/voiding warranty. Are there any companies that can do this yet?

Things are pretty new at the moment as performance companies are studying the S3 ecu and engine. Somewhere on this forum there is a remap which is apparently undetectable, apparently being the key word.

I wouldn't recommend risking it, and would wait for someone like Revo to confirm something like this.

I reckon Audi have technology in the car they can change after every service to detect any changing to the car so as to void warranties and save money.

I'm running the MTM M-Cantronic on my S3 8V for more than a month and I'm MORE THAN HAPPY with it ! (360HP / 450 NM). Should I need to remove it... it'll just take about 10mnts and absolutely no trace. So what else.. :)

Last edited:
MTM stage 1 for S3 8v is about £1900, couldn't justify the costs.

Just wait till Revo or GoAPR brings out their one for about £600

Why would u pay 1900 for mtm when you can have a dtuk box for less than 500

Reactions: RYuill
I thought mtm and dtuk both provide removal able tuning boxes?
From the DTUK site

• Once removed, there are no traces left behind that could affect your manufacturers warranty

When liquid Fusion mentioned the mtm stage 1 . Was that ecu flashing or more? or just the tuning box itself?

If dtuk are right and it can't be traced no matter what then audi would have a very hard time to void the warranty,

If they can see it's been on there then surely that would leave dtuk in a position where they can be sued as they clearly state undetectable,

Therefore 1900 is still far too much!

Nothing in engineering is untraceable.

Your average dealer probably won't be able to detect, but a determined engineer will always find anomalies.

The 1900 isn't just about the warranty though, the way the boxes work are vastly different.

One just spoofs boost with 3 connectors, the other has a full ECU harness.

One is simplistic and brutal in the approach, the other is all about fine tuning

Without saying that one is better or worse than the other, the two boxes aren't comparable - you're not comparing apples with apples.

You pays your money and takes your choice!

Those claiming its undetectable; if you get a warranty issue surrounding the engine and its honoured then you can hold up that claim or if MTM honour such a claim. Until then it's just promises.

Remember that cars are now full of technology and having logs in hidden/hard to find places isn't impossible for the manufacturer.

Revo recon a release is about 2 months away for your S3's guys.

Also a Quote from Revo ref the detectable question:

By law, Revo and our Authorised Dealers have to inform you that you are making a modification to your vehicle. This modification should be declared to insurance companies. There are modification friendly insurance companies out there, just keep looking.

The long and short answer is 'No, Revo software is not undetectable'.

On first glance, there is no reason for your dealer to realise that your engines ECU has Revo Software flashed. Revo create all of our software from full factory software, and write an entire software file to the ECU, as opposed to “data area” files used by other tuners.

As the ECU will ID, DTC check, and function as it would with factory software, switched to Stock Mode using an SPS it is virtually undetectable by the main dealer. Dealer tools are constantly evolving to incorporate new technology, there is always a possibility that main dealer tools could see that an ECU has been modified and isn’t stock.

If of course the dealer drives the vehicle in performance mode it will be obvious to the driver that the car has been modified. This could be confirmed by data logging the car and seeing that certain requested ECU parameters are higher than expected for a standard vehicle. The long and short of it is we cannot guaranty the software will go un-noticed by the main dealer.

NOTE: As of 2013, the VW Group online dealer tools have the ability to see software on any modified vehicle. When a modified vehicle is plugged in online it is flagged on the system, this flag is called TD1 please read the below overview:

TD1is the VW Audi Group warranty ‘Flag’ for a vehicle that has been modified, this is something you should all be well aware of. If you’re not then please note; since the change in main dealer on-line diagnostic tools throughout 2013 performance software can and will be seen when a vehicle is plugged into online at a main dealer. This is the case even if it’s switched to ‘stock’ mode, it is possible although not confirmed that TD1 could be flagged if a vehicle has been flashed with any tool other than the OEM online system. Our recommendation to all our dealers is to make the vehicle owner aware that their warranty will be affected if they have software installed on their vehicle; this isn’t anything new as we’ve never claimed software is undetectable however prior to the new main dealer systems Revo software did tend to go unnoticed.