Can I move isofix brackets?

Moor

Reaction score
I have only one isofix rail attached to my car and of course it would be on the opposite side to where I want it. I will only need to use on one side so don't want to buy another rail, can I safely move it to the other seat without issues? Do I need new bolts or thread lock?

I don't think they can be moved at all, they are secured to the floor pan and I also think they are slightly different sizes and shapes from side to side.

Either use the side it's currently on, or pop to Audi and get one side retro-fitted

They are different parts specific to each side. I think they can be removed though but I fitted my Audi ones

They're just bolted in, but are specific for each side of the car: so they can be removed, but not moved.... if you want it on the other side, they're not that expensive and you can just retrofit one on the other side: all cars have the bolt holes and if you only have one, then it was a retrofit already.

Thanks all, I'm familiar with how they fit, just a couple of bolts behind the seats so fitting is no problem, I was just hoping to avoid buying another one but I guess I have no option. Thanks for the replies.

Many thanks James. Presumably left side is near side?

I ordered the isofix bar and bolts for just under £58 from tps if anyone is interested in a current price.