1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Can I have my front Audi badge blue LED lit?

unclebunt Aug 1, 2017

1. unclebunt

unclebunt Registered User

just curious if I'm allowed to get the Audi badge on front grill fitted with blue LED's to make it visible at night. Seen this on a merc and looked awesome or I dunno if it's just my opinion lol.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. andrew_wright

andrew_wright Registered User

No one is allowed to display blue lights expect the obvious on a UK road. That's the law, break it and face what's coming to you.. hopefully a nice copper that just tells you to remove it there and then, other than a court date to explain why you had it on there/big fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. unclebunt

unclebunt Registered User

They do it in a white variant too would that be allowed?

5. hendo#1

hendo#1 Registered User

The Police around my way seem to turn a blind eye to this kind of thing judging by the amount of cars I see with blue led on the front.
    However, I reckon the fashion police will have something to say about it...

6. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk

I don't see it as being illegal as you can get blue neon lights for under ur car or on front grill like night rider. Not my thing but have seen cars with them and not in fast n furious.

7. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Registered User Bronze Supporter Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Yeah you can but they are sold as for show use only not street legal remember when need for speed came out they were everywhere

8. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk

O ok as i said not my thing so i never have looked into it.

9. nobbybonez

nobbybonez Registered User

you're not allowed to. its barry as f*** :D

10. JonnyDerv

JonnyDerv Registered User

Any blue light on a non emergency vehicle is illegal. All because something is sold doesn't mean it's legal, look at number plates as a classic example. Illegal spacing, illegal font, you name it.

If you're not bothered about the risk of being done for it, make sure you have something loud to drown out the laughter of others.

S3JACKSON likes this.