Can I fit xenons on my car

Moe-

Reaction score
Hi guys I have an Audi a3 sportsback 2007 model, but I really want xenons but original genuine ones, I called Audi but they don't recommend it and they don't sell them as an extra. Will it be a big job fitting xenons on if I could find some? Or should I just stay standard. Thanks

52848bc4-2699-b1e2.jpg

Are they genuine moe. Do they have bulbs and ballasts? How much are you looking for them?

I wouldnt say its a huge job. I think its one of the best mods you can do! Ash who posted the link to the hid problems done his and done a thread showing the difference between them and a few people explaining whats needed. Need some xenons in my life.

Are they genuine moe. Do they have bulbs and ballasts? How much are you looking for them?

Thinkhe looking to fit some and not sell them fella.

I wouldnt say its a huge job. I think its one of the best mods you can do! Ash who posted the link to the hid problems done his and done a thread showing the difference between them and a few people explaining whats needed. Need some xenons in my life.
Lol my mistake!!

Thinkhe looking to fit some and not sell them fella.

Lol my mistake!! Well op if it helps and from what I understand you can fit genuine headlights with bulbs and ballasts and code the car but you will get flamed by many for not fitting levelling sensors and headlamp washers.

Lol my mistake!! Well op if it helps and from what I understand you can fit genuine headlights with bulbs and ballasts and code the car but you will get flamed by many for not fitting levelling sensors and headlamp washers.
not really, i was lucky to have washers on my car already but have not done levellers. for now i dont see the point in spending at least £400 on the levelling kits...

Moe gave me these part numbers on a pm for these headlights
8P0 941 003 AA and 004 AA

now on ETKA they are coming up as bi-xenons but showing as superseded to 8P0 941 029 AA and 030 AA which show as left hand drive units. Can anyone else just confirm this as im still getting used to ETKA and not totally sure i am looking at it right

also mate i got my bi-xenons for £330 delivered so his price of £450 is steep to say the least

not really, i was lucky to have washers on my car already but have not done levellers. for now i dont see the point in spending at least £400 on the levelling kits...

So how did you go about fitting your xenons mate. Is it as straight forward as headlights, bulbs , ballasts all oem, code providing the ecu supports xenons and your done? I would go for this if this is the case, not fussed for bi or adaptive either

for standard xenon you need the headlights, bulbs and ballasts, wiring adapter. fit it in, plug in the adapter and code it for xenon.
things get more complicated for bi-xenon... but i would recommend the bi-xenon... make all the difference worth the hassle!

Hi yeah I'm not selling them but thinking of buying them as someone is selling them and thats the photo he has sent me, I'm just checking to see if they are genuine and will fit on my car.

for standard xenon you need the headlights, bulbs and ballasts, wiring adapter. fit it in, plug in the adapter and code it for xenon.
things get more complicated for bi-xenon... but i would recommend the bi-xenon... make all the difference worth the hassle!

The adaptor you mention is that the kufatec one. I thought the connectors were the same as the halogen headlights?

Hi yeah I'm not selling them but thinking of buying them as someone is selling them and thats the photo he has sent me, I'm just checking to see if they are genuine and will fit on my car.
Sorry about that mate, how much is the boy selling them for if you don't mind me asking?

yep... looks like there are more people wanting to fit xenons... also guys i just put up a link to a set of standard 8P2 xenons on the ebay thread for anyone that wants to fit a set (sorry jason those wont fit yours)

Hi thanks for that info, so will these lights be spot on then, and do I need to buy anything else? And what would be a realistic sale price, cause I might just offer him £350

ok just been confirmed that these are RHD lights so all good

Are they bi-xenons

And what's this 8p1 8p2 and stuff, sorry but I've just bought my Audi a3 s line 2007 sportsback so I'm just learning stuff, and I'm new to this forum

yes they are bi-xenons
£350 is a good price so see if he gives them for that.

8p1 is 2003-2005 double grill, 8p2 is 2005-2008 single grill like ours and 8p3 is the newer facelift 2008-current

People dont get flamed for not fitting levellers & washers, they are just advised mot rules will require these to be fitted, so save yourself the hassle & possible car of the road & do now whilst taking car apart.

Anyone with vcds in Yorkshire, I need to know what version module control unit I have in order to fit bi xenons on...thanks