Can-bus compatible LED's

kronny

Reaction score
Hi
I brought 4 led's to replace my horrible yellow drl bulbs,3 of them are fine but 1 of them keeps throwing up a bulb out warning sign on dash,it don't happen every time just most of the time. Will the car eventually accept the bulb and stop giving errors or is it a case of having to replace it, many thanks

It could be a loose connection or something that is throwing up the fault, I'd check all the work you've done including the connections inside the headlight, when I did mines I remember the connections being a bit fiddly inside the headlight, if that doesn't cure it I suggest its defo the bulb that needs replace. My car didn't show any errors at anytime, so I doubt that your car will learn/accept the bulb eventually.
JG

LEDs generally require the polarity to be correct, so it could be as simple as taking the bulb out, turn it a bit and put it back in. Not sure if that's the case, but worth a try.

These bulbs tend to have several LED's in them . If one or more of the LED's is intermeittent you will get an alarm from the car as the current taken by the bulb may drop below the minimum threshold .
You could try swapping the bulbs around in the light and see of the fault moves.
I changed mine and haven't had any issues. I did deliberately go for bulbs that had a lot of LEDS so they would be bright and also take a reasonable amount of power.

Karl.

I brought some cheap 1's off ebay,that'll teach me

Yes I should have got them from him in first place,would have saved me lots of hassle

Reactions: RS5 JON