can anyone shed some light?

dstructiv

Reaction score
having had problems with my drivers door lately, not switching the interior light off when door is shut, a friend has had a look for fault codes today with his snap on scanner and came up with '01367 switched off at central lock pump'.
can anyone shed some light on this fault as a few nights ago my alarm kept going off and you cant leave the car open coz it sets the alrm off and couldnt shut it because it set the alarm off...
any help?

We need details of car before we can offer any help, A3 I'm presuming?, what year?

Sounds like the door lock microswitch is knackered though, which would show the door as open all the time.

It's a common fault on the A3, its part of the lock mechanism too, which makes it expensive. Also as it's common, be wary of buying used from unknown sources too.

In fact ours does it, but only when warm for some reason

Mines does it too... one fix I have heard of is squirting switch cleaner and/or WD40 into the lock mech to 'unstick' the switch...

Might try this myself when I get 5 mins (or several hours knowing Audi's!!)

<tuffty/>

mine S3 has done the same since getting it back from the bodyshop under warranty.

I am bringing this up with the bodyshop, what cost are 'they' looking at if its that switch!?