Can anyone recommend some ebay/cheap exhaust trims?

Sheikh

Reaction score
Got my hands on an angle grinder! So was thinking of doing the exhaust tips, anyone got any recommendations for cheap tips? Don't want to fork out £59 for a set of tips. Was thinking of doing a backbox delete, but will only do that if i 100% decide to keep the car.

Thanks

Zo

Not these eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I mis read, they barely fit over the exhausts. Ive got them on, and look fine, but not recommended for an easy diy job. I had it on a ramp, with proper tools etc.

Look ok though, not got a pic yet, only fitted them earlier. Maybe a tad too large, but up against the original tips, they arent much bigger, think its just because they are shiny and straight.

Ok, poor phone pics, but give you an idea of style, size etc. But i really would get one that goes upto more like 65 - 70 mm, to allow the clamps to be done up.

20120521_213208.jpg

20120521_213233.jpg

Rom they look decent mate! Why was it not a straight forward diy? I'm planning on taking the existing downward facing tips off then just clamping these on till i get them welded?

They are too small really at the back side, where they clamp on.
If your welding will be fine.

There's basically not enough room to fit both clamps, and even one would need grinding down. They are more suited to say a 40-50mm pipe. Ours are about 56, so just not enough space between trim and pipe for the clamps to be fitted, or the bolts.

Some better pics, in the day light.

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

Guys just a quick question!?! does changing the exhust to one of the straight pipes make any changes to the fuel cost... I 've asked this to a lot of people but they don't know...

Now asking you guys as you've got it on your car and obviously should have noticed the fuel cost if there was any... right!

Thanks, I appreciate any help!!!

No man, it's simply a cosmetic mod and thus will not affect your fuel consumption in anyway whatsoever.

Hi guys, I wanting to do the same mod to my a3. The chrome tips look Mint, my exhaust tips are currently pointing towards the ground. Are the Chrome replacement tips easy to fit? And we're is the best place to buy the tips from? Is it best to weld the tips on?
Any info would be great.
cal
also do you weld the the new tips on with the exhaust still on the car or do you have to take the exhaust off to do it?

Last edited: