Can anyone help?

passion

Reaction score
Hello everyone can someone help i have just purchased my first Audi A4 SE on a 06 plate it has full leather but no cruise control also no sat nav can i add these to my car first i am in search for a sat nav sytem can anyone tell me where the best place to look as i have seen a few on eBay but don't like forking out £500 if they don't work can you get them cheaper?
And if cruise control can be added anyone have any idea of price.

Seach is your friend!

Nav can be added for £400-£500. Pretty reasonable when the original option price was nearly 2 grand, although later models could have factory fit nav for £500. Ebay should be fine as long as seller has good feedback. I bought one form there for my Dad and its been fine.

I fitted cruise for £65. You need the cruise stalk and the lower steering colum trim. 1 Hours work to fit it yourself.

Thanks for the info i found some threads on cruise control but have a few more questions if i may please, first i am a dumb blonde so a one hour job would take me about 20 hours.

Can you get a sat nav with built in bluetooth and a DVD player also a MP3 player running from a card or does my car already have bluetooth it is an early 06 reg Audi A4 SE 2L petrol sorry i know nothing about this car as i was in a hurry to purchase one with full leather and didnt have time to ask these questions on his advert he said cruise control but looking at the steering wheel there are no buttons i pick the car up this Sunday

My first post is here
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=49193

Bluetooth is not built in to any RNS-E nav units. Extra parts required. @£350 for the full kit - module, antenna, wiring harness, microphone.

Cruise control doesnt work from buttons on the steering wheel! - It uses an additional stalk below the indicator stalk.

Yes you can fit MP3/Ipod adapter - wont show track names though, Best bet is to play MP3's from the 2 SD card slots in the nav unit.

You can add an extra DVD player, Sat nav unit will not play DVD's. Cost vary according to which DVD player you get (around £150) You will also need a multi-media adapter to allow the DVD player to play through the RNS-E (around £100).

Thanks for the speedy info once again if anyone else knows where i can get a better deal on one of these satnav sytems can you please let me know

Thanks

They are on ebay for £400, I really dont think you will find many any cheaper than that:icon_thumright:

do you have a link to the one's on eBay and how hard are these to fit and wire up

Search Ebay for 'A4 RNS-E' Should give lots of results.

If you get the a plug and play adapter included with the unit then its very easy to fit. 20 minutes work at the most.

Issac Hunt said:
20 minutes work at the most.

Not necessarily that straightforward. Will depend on whether it's a Concert or a Symphony stereo in the car now. If it's a Symphony II (has the built in 6 CD changer) it is a reasonably simple swap. If it's the Concert II stereo (single CD player) then you'll need a get an new double DIN cage to hold the RNS-E and either file down you climate control controller to fit lower in the centre console, or get a replacement that fits properly.

This is getting complicated now as there are so many on eBay can someone point me to the one i want on there and i hope its a sympony 11 that i have got right now i will check Sunday.
Would one of you guys fit this for me PLEASE i would pay of course. :crying:

Thanks
Emma

Guess no one is that helpful here doesnt matter i will find someone to fit the satnav

passion said:
Guess no one is that helpful here

I think thats a little harsh!

You'll find peopple on here are very helpful:icon_thumright:

In order for people to help you, you need to help us! tell us whereabouts in the country you are? if you live near west London then I'd be happy to help you, as would many others if they live in your part of the world.

Search Ebay for A4 RNS-E.

This is the part number you need:
8E0 035 192 C Audi A4 Europe, MY 2004, 8E B6
8E0 035 192 D Audi A4 Europe, MY 2005, 8E B7
8E0 035 192 E Audi A4 North America, MY 2005.5, 8E B6
8E0 035 192 F Audi A4 North America, MY 2006, 8E B7
8E0 035 192 G Audi A4 BNS 5.0
8E0 035 192 H Audi A4 Europe, MY 2006, 8E B7, with SDS
8E0 035 192 J Audi A4 North America, MY 2006, 8E B7
8E0 035 192 K Audi A4 Europe, MY 2007, 8E B7, sw 0500
8E0 035 192 M Audi A4 BNS 5.0
8E0 035 192 N Audi A4 Europe, MY 2007, 8E B7, with SDS
8E0 035 192 P Audi A4 North America, MY 2007, 8E B7
8E0 035 192 Q Audi A4 Europe, MY 2008, 8E B7
8E0 035 192 R Audi A4 Europe, MY 2008, 8E B7, with SDS
8E0 035 192 S Audi A4 BNS 5.0

Select a European model, the later the last letter of the part number then the newer the unit will be. However they are all basically the same and any European model will be fine.

Hello i am so sorry and yes they were harsh words for a new member i am so sorry i have a new born who has cried for over 5 hours so much hard work being a mum.
I live in Wrexham North Wales i would be able to get my car to most places.
I am so sorry again so i will say it once again SORRY.
I don't want to fall out with anyone on here as i know these forums can be very helpful.

Thanks again and sorry :salute:

I have had a few worries about this car as i did a RAC vehicle check and first it said there was finance owing on the car so i rang the finance company who said it had been paid off 6 months ago then a recording of 9000 miles had been done on the 16th of September then on the 27th of September another recording of 9600 but wait for it in October another recording of 44,000 miles the lady on the phone said this could be a human error but she said this is possible.

So yet the most important question i can ask you guys is there any way of looking at a car and telling its true mileage i know about shiny steering wheels and worn pedals.

I just haven't got time to do a full RAC inspection on the car as they can not get there until next Friday as i need the car before then.

So as many tricks as you can think of please to try and find if this car has done a little over 10,000 miles or 44,000 miles and the clock has been adjusted.

Thanks and this help will be very much appreciated.

passion said:
So yet the most important question i can ask you guys is there any way of looking at a car and telling its true mileage i know about shiny steering wheels and worn pedals.

Check the service book, telephone the dealers who have carried out the service's to ascertain what work was done and what mileage was recorded. Get the V5 document and contact the previous owner/s to see what they know about the car.

Have done both thanks everything seems to be fine there what i need to know is there a way you can look at a car and get an idea of how many miles it has done.

Hi passion
I often trawl the net looking at audis/prices and tbh this isnt as reasonable a price as you think. Even at a franchised dealer the book price is around £16200, fair enough thats without the leather but I bet with cash you can get a fair amount off. Independents, which this ones for sale at, is around £15600, again without leather but also p/x price. I know, according to your posts, youre in a rush but I'd have a REALLY good look around. At the end of the day its your choice though and I'm only offering friendly advice.
Btw this cars been for sale for ages..isnt that a clue to how well its priced? Also its the normal 2.0 and not the 2.0 T FSI, you do know?
Hope this helps
JohnyT

Thanks again for the advice i have been looking so long for one of these cars and its the cleanest i have come across.

My own car that is going as PX is worth £10750 book price they have offered me 12k i fully understand there are many others out there but i have struggled to find one with full leather.

Sorry passion I thought you were talking cash..if you've got a good deal p/ex on your car then good luck to ya. I'm sure though that in another post you stated that within an hour of adverising your car it was sold, so you had £16000 cash
JohnyT

Johny is the 2.0 T FSI better than the 2 litre engine sorry i dont now much about the Audi a4 what is the difference

Hi passion
Well figure-wise the 2.0 FSI T is 197bhp compared to the 'normal' 2.0 engine which is 128 bhp...top speed is more on the FSI but obviously insurance is 2 to 3 groups higher. All figures/info can be found on Parkers website. If you mean is it a better engine as in drives better, I'm sorry but I've never had either of these engines.....more a diesel man myself. Dunno if you've actually bought the car yet but at a quick glance earlier today I think Lancaster Audi had a 1.9 tdi 05/55 full leather and bluetooth prep, multi cd and 17" alloys 22,000 miles £15990 for sale. Fair enough its only 115 bhp but I suppose it depends what you're after.
HTH
JohnyT

errmm dunno How I put a link up but if you go on Autotrader website.....search between 15 and 17 k, up to 40,000 miles and up to 3 years old...dont forget to put distance from your postcode...100 miles should cover it, youll see that one and a few more that might catch your eye. Btw its Lancaster Liverpool Audi.
JohnyT

Thanks for the link but i did want a black one with full leather i have looked for a while and have spotted 3 others that i went and viewed but none as clean as the one i am picking up Sunday.
Speed is not the option any more as i have had my first child so safety before speed i have owed 2 Audi TT's in the past 1 coupe and a roadster and the last one i re-mapped to about 280bhp i do love speed but now i have my child not to bothered any more.

yeah thats the one I saw earlier but theres quite a few others too but without the leather. Must admit the black car your getting looks very clean and tidy...have fun!
JohnyT

Hello everyone i have purchased my new Audi A4 now got it yesterday i also have purchased a Sat Nav from eBay should be with me by Thursday what i want to put on the car now is a full body kit but i am unsure where to purchase one from is there anyone on this forum who has added a kit to there A4 as much help on this one as you can please.
Thanks
Emma