can anyone help with model of my car??? NEWBIE

markbuk

Reaction score
hi guys just bought a 2001 a6 1.9 tdi, but i just done know what model/trim it is? i have had a look on the sticker in the boot and it just say, " a6 LIM 1.9,? what does the LIM, mean? should it say se/sport ect...? any help would be great thanks

i dont know how!!! sorry, it just says model "a6 LIM" 1.9?? tryed doing check on car checker ect... doesnt not say spec? very confussed

Lim, means saloon. You need to read the option codes to see what options were fitted. IIRC a code of 1BE will mean sports suspension, and more likey a sport model. If it says 1BA its prob an SE

just looked at label, in the "optional equipment" and there is 44 optional codes!!! one of which is "1BE" so am i right in assuming it would be a sport??

Last edited:
just looked at label, in the "optional equipment" and there is 44 optional codes!!! one of which is "1BE" so am i right in assuming it would be a sport??

My car Check for iphone and i pod touch tells you if you type in your reg, its a free app, use it all the time, it tell you all the info on the car.

Do you have a 5 speed gearbox or a 6 speed gearbox ? I know of many SE with sports suspension, clue to differentiate is the sport ALWAYS had 6 speed gearbox... Also the gear knob is round and has a alloy sleeve on sport, on SE is pear shaped...

Do you have a 5 speed gearbox or a 6 speed gearbox ? I know of many SE with sports suspension, clue to differentiate is the sport ALWAYS had 6 speed gearbox... Also the gear knob is round and has a alloy sleeve on sport, on SE is pear shaped...
I think the 6 speed gearbox was introduced as part of the facelift in 2001 (my 2002) when the TDi engine was upped from 110bhp to 130bhp and was thus offered in all trim levels. I also believe that it is only at this point that Audi officially offered a Sport version (in addition to the Standard and SE versions). Easy way to determine if the car is a sport is whether it has Sport Seats which are identified amongst other things by having an electric lumber support operated by a 4-way controller on the side of the seat squab. Sport models also had the aforementioned sport suspension and 17" 9 spoke alloys as standard and the front and rear bumpers were fully painted rather than the lower part (along with the sills) being painted a dark grey.

Last edited: