Can anyone help with A3 outdoor temperature gauge?

Kel

Reaction score
I have a 2003 audi A3, 1.9 TDI 130 SE. Can anyone tell me if the computer display should show the outdoor temperature? When I turn it on, it runs through all the checks, then the screen ges blank and nothing shows up. The handbook seems to suggest that temperature should be shown, but does anyone know? ALso, what could be wrong?

I am assuming that the display worked prior to that, or have you just bought the car?

Just bought the car, and the previous owner said it has never worked. I'm assuming there would be a sensor somewhere outside the car that I could physically look for - but I dunno where to even start!

If I remember correctly the temp gauge is infront of the radiator, you should be able to see if through the front grille...(there are picturs on here somewhere, do a search). It may be simply not connected, but I am sure someone will be on soon to show you the way....Good luck.

The sensor for outside temp is in front bumper right at bottom on the passenger side facing downwards towards the road. you will see a small round plastic grommet if you pop that out that is the sensor. you will feel a wire connected to it

If the sensor was faulty would it not through up errors with vagcom ? or just show a strange temperature display. Sister in law has an earlier A3 with a similar problem.
There is no button on any stalk to switch off this display I think this option was only available on later models with bigger screens.

Granny and sucking eggs but.......... have you checked all the fuses ?

Good Luck

Mike