Can anyone help DTC's found

MarkWil

Reaction score
I recently got a 1997 Audi A4 1.8 SE, when first started it would idle fast about 2500rpms then calm down to just below 1000. Now the engine turns over but only whilst being revved, take your foot off the accelerator pedal and the car stalls. The following codes are stored:-

17967 - 035 KWP1281

Throttle valve control part (J338): Fault in basic settings: P1559 static - no indication on display.

01165 - 011 KWP1281

Throttle Body Control Module (J338) static regulating limit not reached.

Can anyone help?

Just had another look to see if there were any signs of work having been carried out on the fuel system and the hose from the fuel pressure regulator looks as if it has been replaced as well as the injector rail, this is not a definite trying to get hold of the previous owner but they are proving to be elusive.

Last edited:
I have since changed my throttle body for one which i new was working perfectly well but i still have the first coding showing although now it is showing as 2 faults both exactly the same. There was damage to the breather hose from the engine to the air-intake which i repaired perhaps i should have renewed could this be causing my problems?

Given you have a throttle body fault, and changing the TB itself didnt fix it, i'd be inspecting the wiring to the TB very closely.

Having said that, i'd try a throttle body adaption with vagcom to rule that out first.