can a rocker cover gasket oil leak cause a misfire??

localknoxville

Reaction score
I have noticed that my S4 B6 has a little oil leak mainly on the passenger side and it appears that it's the rocker cover gasket and I was told that this could also cause the little misfire I now have, is that correct?!
It still drives and pulls well enough, just now and again, I can feel a little misfire.
I have booked it in to get the gaskets replaced, as I don't think they have been changed from new, it's only done 83k so it's not been hammered with miles

Have you scanned it for fault codes?

Scan it asap
It may or may not be the coil packs ... Check with your local audi dealer to see if theyve ever been replaced on the "improvement plan"
This isnt a recall as that would imply they were faulty in the first place

Scan it asap
It may or may not be the coil packs ... Check with your local audi dealer to see if theyve ever been replaced on the "improvement plan"
This isnt a recall as that would imply they were faulty in the first place

I done a scan, it come up with 1 code:
17979: Left Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N144): Short to Plus : P1571
any ideas what that is??

The feeling of a misfire may well be misinterpreted
The s4 has engine mounts which are filled with fluid , when they break they can give that fault code
And vibrate at specific rpm or speed ... Which in turn can feel like a misfire

Have a look round the engine mount and see if you can see fluid stains which indicate a leak

Ring me if you trouble

Finally got round to getting the rocker cover gaskets replaced, while it was in the garage, I got them to check the engine mounts but they said they were fine and don't need replacing (very good garage they are and wont do any work unless necessary)
They did say they have seen loads of Audi's come in to them which shows that fault code regarding the Engine Mount and there's generally never anything wrong with them
Car now feels perfect, no oil leak, very happy