Camshafts Big Turbo Builds

S3AMJ

OEM+
Reaction score
Morning all,

So as the titles says... currently looking at my options for camshafts for my next build. List below of ones I can get my hands on, just looking for some advise, real world experience and so on from you guys really.

1.8 20v NA - cams from my current engine. Will help but not as much as a more aggressive cam like the 2 below.

Badger5 Spec CatCams - great results from a couple of builds that I’ve seen.

Schrik 252/260 - heard of them, but not seen much in terms of results. Anyone used these?

Any other suggestions to consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am incline to go full B5 catalog haha, just got an opportunity to get hold of some schrik cams cheaply

Not seen them on a car personally that Bill has had in so cannot comment... I don't know enough about cams to be able to say if the specs are better or not either but... I have seen cars with IE cams in (both of the versions they did at the time) and they never really worked like you expected them too...

I know what worked for me and on other engines Bill has built hence the recommendation :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3AMJ
No experience with the cams but if ur selling the na cams id take them of you for my car.

Hi mate, I’ve actually sold my engine as it is so will probably leave the NA cams in it to save messing Badger5 around as they are going to be doing all the swapping around etc and get myself the B5 cams for my stroker engine.

Reactions: hydro s3
Not seen them on a car personally that Bill has had in so cannot comment... I don't know enough about cams to be able to say if the specs are better or not either but... I have seen cars with IE cams in (both of the versions they did at the time) and they never really worked like you expected them too...

I know what worked for me and on other engines Bill has built hence the recommendation :)

<tuffty/>

B5 Cams it is then