maanjawed

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Getting a new cambelt kit fitted this week.

I've had the "camshaft position sensor" error for quite a while. Apparently the sensor is located near the cambelt so thinking of fitting a new sensor now.

Anyone able to help me find the right part? Don't mind buying a genuine Audi part as long as it's not too expensive.

Also, any idea how much i should be paying to have the sensor fitted?

Car is a 2007 A3 8P 2.0TDi BKD PD140. Reg is J11WCD.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Fitting the new sensor takes 5 minutes when the timing belt is already off, zero extra charge should be added.

If you look under the intake manifold you'll see the connector there, it should have the part number written on it, or remove the cam cover and look at the part no on the sensor itself using your phone in video mode with the camera light on

If you look under the intake manifold you'll see the connector there, it should have the part number written on it, or remove the cam cover and look at the part no on the sensor itself using your phone in video mode with the camera light on
there's a lot of free apps and the torch option itself on 90% of todays smartphones ;) no needed to do a video. Anyway on link it was saying fitment BMN engine code (170 PD) and not sure if they sharing it. but ask your garage how much they want for sensor (to be sure and get the right one).

there's a lot of free apps and the torch option itself on 90% of todays smartphones ;) no needed to do a video. Anyway on link it was saying fitment BMN engine code (170 PD) and not sure if they sharing it. but ask your garage how much they want for sensor (to be sure and get the right one).

Video mode so he can just record it then watch the video to note down the part number without having to get his head under a difficult position by the boost pipe or between the cams

still can get off the driver side wheel arch ;) but if consider that easier why not (still if camera gets focus xD).