Cambelt

janzbro

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a service due on my A4 Cab its got about 55,000 on the clock and was registered in Oct 2007.

Does it need the cambelt replacing as Ive looked in the service book and it says 80K and the audi dealer site says 5 years or 75K but my garage recommends I get it done now!

Seems a little early in its life for this just yet - PS does it need a major service as it been getting done as a long service interval in the past

PS anybody got an actual check sheet for the service

I would get it done a little before the five years, also get them to replace the thermostat and water pump st the same time if you want to save some hassle long term.

hard lessson to learn when it breaks m8, and costly id say your quite brave thinking of not doing it, 5 years is a long time for a rubber belt low mileage or not......for somethink thats going to cost £200-300 quid to replace or possible few grand bill if it breaks.....

well being that its not quite 5 years yet and its 55k atm, id say you have a little breathing room before it needs doing.
but given the cost if it breaks then id air on the side of caution if i were you and get it changed in the next 6-9 months.

major service? what the history? previous services? airfilter? fuel filter?

Through bitter personal experience 4 years and 60k is an absolute maximum for me.

cheers , I'll get it and the water pump done at the same time - mechanic recons about the £300 mark

My cambelt has just snapped at 49000 miles five years old the engine is now mince, I would change it! Though mine could just be a special case.

My cambelt has just snapped at 49000 miles five years old the engine is now mince, I would change it! Though mine could just be a special case.

ouch !!!! so for the above question.... dont take any chances you may think that having fully audi SH changes things well it dont seen many break in my time costing 10 times the amount to repair... no brainer really

OMG just checked my date/mileage cambelt was replaced 130000 miles in 2007 now on 200000 miles.

thats impressive mileage m8.....think that deserves a little tlc money lol

Just done my cambelt 20k early because some twonk didn't do the waterpump last time so as it's some job I got the cambelt done as the waterpump was starting to fail and needed replacing, spent £1300+ on last service and MOT before that in september but to be fair that last big bill was for previous cambelt change and service back when the car had done 58k and it's now on 122+k