Cambelt kit - recommendations

Cabbyfan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time no see ! Hope you are all staying in where you can and staying safe.

I need to do the cambelt on my 2.4 petrol Cab, can anyone recommend a kit and supplier. Looking to do belt / waterpump / thermostat and tensioner ideally. Its a 2003 but only covered 86k so its worth doing !

Cheers

Hi, have to admit I didn't bit I got one from Europarts. Had a nightmare through, one of the spark plugs discentregated the block, took me over an hour to get it out. One of the oil breathers so the rockers (V6) has crumbled it nothing as has the front snub mount.

For aftermarket cam belt kits premium makes include the likes of SKF, Continental, Dayco and Gates. Water pumps are a little more difficult, personally I've always put most trust in OE.

Hi, maint is pretty on top of to be honest, it's a 16 year old car now . I am surprised the snub mount wasn't picked up on the mot in Jan!

I bought a Gates kit in end, including thermostat, water pump, rollers and tensioner.

I'm just questioning the timing now, does anyone know if the cam pulleys are keyed or tapered?