Cambelt change

ickleric

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1.8T A4(b6) with 90k on the clock. Now it has a full audi service history and the last service was done at 86k. Will they have changed the cambelt? It says in my service schedule that the 80k additional work was done when the previous owner had it serviced at 86k. In my book that includes the following:

Additional Work
Every 80,000 miles
- V-belt and ribbed belt replaced (modelswith 4-cylinder petrol engine, but not Audi A3)
- Ribbed belt replaced (V6 petrol engines)
- Toothed belt and tensioning roller for camshaft drive replaced. (2.8ltr V6 engines and 2.7ltr V6 biturbo engines)
- Toothed belt replaced (2.4ltr V6 engines)
- Toothed belts for camshaft drive and injection pump replaced (V6 TDI engines)

ickleric said:
Will they have changed the cambelt?

There is no we can tell you that for certain. They should have done but there is no guarantee. You need to contact the Audi centre that did the work and get confirmation from them.

If you can unclip the cambelt cover (you can quite easily on the TDi), have a look at the belt, if it's new it should not be shiny at all.

The 1.8T engine is due a cambelt change at 60k, so I'd imagine that the cambelt was changed closer to 60k than 80k.

Ring up Audi Customer services, they should be able to look up the records. When I was buying mine that's what I did and they confirmed the FSH and recall work done