Cambelt change and warranty

c_tahoe

Reaction score
Hi,

So Audi sent me an email saying my cambelt on my 2015 1.4t A3 saloon last month, the new rules are every 5 years now officially. With saying that and Audi currently closed and only a few garages around open, which not all I would trust, the car is in warranty until 14th June and wondering if I don't get it done and something happens it would invalidate my warranty usually but in this current climate will rules be relaxed on servicing schedules and so on? Plus only doing minimal miles for the foreseable......

Or should I attempt to get it into an independant as I am at the 5 year mark this month?

Cheers

Hi,

So Audi sent me an email saying my cambelt on my 2015 1.4t A3 saloon last month, the new rules are every 5 years now officially. With saying that and Audi currently closed and only a few garages around open, which not all I would trust, the car is in warranty until 14th June and wondering if I don't get it done and something happens it would invalidate my warranty usually but in this current climate will rules be relaxed on servicing schedules and so on? Plus only doing minimal miles for the foreseable......

Or should I attempt to get it into an independant as I am at the 5 year mark this month?

Cheers
I doubt as soon as you hit 5 years it'll break. I had a Clio once on 107000 miles and no timing belt change.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I would just wait, Audi have already released a statement about warranty while the garages are closed at the moment. So you are still covered even if the engine went bang due to the belt snapping.

Hi,

Cheers
Hi personally I do my cam belt when my cars have generally done 60k. And am I guessing right that your warranty wouldn't cover cam belt change?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi personally I do my cam belt when my cars have generally done 60k. And am I guessing right that your warranty wouldn't cover cam belt change?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A warranty won't cover a cambelt change much like it won't cover servicing! A warranty will cover if the cambelt fails though! Also, a cambelt change done at Audi might help if something goes wrong even after the warranty has expired. FSH can work towards goodwill gestures.

My advice: get it booked into Audi and get the cambelt changed by them, then take out an extended warranty via Audi.