Cam follower

M

mjr901

Just been on the MkV Forum and they've got a thread about these 'cam followers'.

thought Id share this picture, as it shows wear very nicely.

tsvw20tcam.jpg

To view the actual thread, go here....Cam follower - you're all perverts!

Reactions: K.A
Interesting reading. Bit paranoid now. Only 25k on the clock but I think I'll still get it done at next service.

Cheers for the heads up :)

Are these usually only prone to going on mapped motors? I think I will change mine at my 40K service as it's a cheap part, will it be easy for an Indy to change this?

Also can someone please add the part number for the S3 for cam follower in this thread?

EDIT: This is the part number you need for an Audi OEM Cam Follower 06D 109 309C

Last edited:
Had mine done on my a3 2.0 tfsi at 68000 and the old one wasn't too worn changed it anyway, not a big job at all.

**update**

Useful video on how to change one of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was recently at AMD and they have seen a marked increase in cam follower failures on uprated engines ...

Had my cam follower replaced after 50,000 km. 5000 km on stock, 35000 km on stage 1 apr and 10000 km on stage 2. Mine looked better than the safe one (one on left). Have not checked the new one. Been there for 10000 km on 2+. It all depends how u drive and how much boost u request on daily basis. Afterall it's the same whether u have stock or stage 3 if u nurse it and never request boost hard. But good post to remind people to check.

Quite right, never harms to check. If you have a modded engine with a high pressure fuel pump its worth checking more often as this puts more pressure on the follower and can wear it quicker

I'm gonna check mine next service which is due in 300kms (61,000km). I shall ask for pics from my mechanic.